Printer Friendly

Ledger killed by drug mix.

HEATH Ledger died from "acute intoxication" after an accidental overdose of six prescription drugs, a toxicology report revealed.

The Brokeback Mountain star took two antianxiety drugs including Valium, two types of sleeping pills and painkillers Oxycontin and ibuprofen.

Distraught dad Kim said yesterday: "Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the danger of combining prescribed drugs. It proved lethal for our boy." Ledger, who spoke openly of taking stress pills, was found in New York on January 22.

Meanwhile former fiancee Michelle Williams, 27, flew to Australia for his private funeral, thought to be on Saturday.

CAPTION(S):

OVERDOSE: Heath
COPYRIGHT 2008 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 Reader Opinion

Title:

Comment:



 

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Feb 7, 2008
Words:101
Previous Article:NOT REAL ANY MORE.
Next Article:3am: ALL RITE BRIT?

Terms of use | Copyright © 2014 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters