Lebanon-tourism.High Tourism Activity in Lebanon Continues; Numbers Expected to Rise
Tourism activity in Lebanon continues to be strong even as the summer season ends, the leftist left·ism also Left·ism
1. The ideology of the political left.
2. Belief in or support of the tenets of the political left.
left daily AS SAFIR reported Wednesday. The number of tourists visiting Lebanon in September 2009 reached 153,674, a 57.04 percent increase from September 2008. This brought the total number of tourists during the first nine months of 2009 to a record high of over 1.4 million. The number of Arab tourists in September 2009 increased by 95 percent compared to September 2008, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. official figures from the Tourism Ministry. Arab tourists--mostly Jordanians and Saudis--accounted for 45 percent of total tourists in September 2009. Tourists from the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. were the second largest in number, accounting for 14.4 percent of total tourists in September 2009.
Passenger activity in Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (formerly Chaldea Airport) (IATA: BEY, ICAO: OLBA) (Arabic: مطار بيروت رفيق الحريري increased 27 percent during the first nine months of 2009, according to AS SAFIR. All tourism sector indicators continue to perform well despite the political crisis caused by a prolonged delay in forming a new Lebanese government. Hotel room occupancy rates Noun 1. occupancy rate - the percentage of all rental units (as in hotels) are occupied or rented at a given time
pct, per centum, percent, percentage - a proportion in relation to a whole (which is usually the amount per hundred) in large and medium-size hotels in Beirut reached 83 percent this week, the paper said. International conferences and exhibitions in Beirut have helped boost hotel occupancy Noun 1. hotel occupancy - occupancy rate for hotels
occupancy rate - the percentage of all rental units (as in hotels) are occupied or rented at a given time rates. On the other hand, hotels in regions outside Beirut have not enjoyed high occupancy rates over the summer season. Tourism activity is expected to surge in November and December with the coming of the Islamic Eid al-Adha, as well as Christmas and New Year.