Leading Research Firm Lists Xerox in 'Visionary' Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management.ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Gartner, Inc., a leading provider of research and analysis about the global information technology industry, placed Xerox Corporation's (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange : XRX XRX Xerox Corporation (stock symbol) ) DocuShare(R) software in the "Visionary" quadrant in its recently published "Magic Quadrant The Gartner Magic Quadrant is a proprietary research tool developed by Gartner Inc., a US based research and advisory firm. It is designed to provide an unbiased qualitative analysis of a “markets’ direction, maturity, and participants. " report on enterprise content management software.
The ECM (1) (Enterprise Change Management) See version control and configuration management.
(2) (Error Correcting Mode) A Group 3 fax capability that can test for errors within a row of pixels and request retransmission. Magic Quadrant* report provides guidance to the large number of Gartner clients who are evaluating enterprise content management vendors and solutions. ECM systems allow customers to capture, create, review, approve, manage and publish many types of content across their businesses.
The ECM Magic Quadrant evaluates vendors who have at least $10 million in content management software license and related service revenue. Included vendors must actively sell products and services in at least two major geographies (such as North America North America, third largest continent (1990 est. pop. 365,000,000), c.9,400,000 sq mi (24,346,000 sq km), the northern of the two continents of the Western Hemisphere. and Europe), and they must have an ECM suite that includes the following components: document library services, document-imaging repository capabilities, records management, workflow, Web content management, and document-centric collaboration.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the report, vendors listed in the visionary quadrant may either provide these components on their own or through ECM partners. They typically show a strong understanding of the market and anticipate shifting drivers. Visionaries are building market presence and focus more on horizontal applications horizontal application - An application program common to different business processes, e.g. office automation.
Compare vertical application. than targeted vertical solutions.
"By taking the complexity out of ECM, DocuShare makes it easy for office workers to manage the information that drives their businesses, including records and archived materials," said David Smith, vice president and general manager, Xerox DocuShare DocuShare, part of the Xerox Corporation, provides a Web-based enterprise content management solution, by the same name. It provides sophisticated functionality, with a pay-as-you-go model that with scaling, modular extensibility, and flexible payments claims to support a lower TCO Business Unit. "DocuShare delivers the ECM features, functionality and performance needed for customers of all sizes to meet their most critical business needs, including compliance with industry regulations."
The 2005 report is Gartner's second edition of the Magic Quadrant for ECM. The emphasis in this edition is on the architecture, integration, and completeness of each vendor and its ECM suite. According to Gartner, visionaries have a clear vision of market direction and are focused on preparing for that, but they can still improve in terms of optimizing service delivery.
Xerox DocuShare is a Web-based enterprise content management software application that businesses of all sizes can rapidly, easily and affordably deploy and manage. It helps people collaboratively capture, manage, share, and publish information.
For more information about Xerox office products and services, visit www.xerox.com/docushare or call 800-ASK-XEROX.
NOTE TO EDITORS: For more information on Xerox, visit www.xerox.com/news. XEROX(R) and DocuShare(R) are trademarks of XEROX CORPORATION (company) XEROX Corporation -
See also XEROX PARC, XEROX Network Services. .
* The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted November 2005 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission, which permission should not be deemed to be an endorsement of any company or product depicted in the quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is Gartner, Inc.'s opinion and is an analytical representation of a marketplace. The positioning of vendors within a Magic Quadrant is based on the complex interlay interlay
[-laying, -laid] to insert (layers) between: to interlay gold among the silver of many factors. Gartner does not advise companies to select only those firms in the "Leaders" quadrant. In some situations, firms in the Visionary, Challenger, or Niche Player quadrants may be the right matches for an enterprise's requirements. Well-informed vendor selection decisions should rely on more than a Magic Quadrant. Gartner research is intended to be one of the many information sources including other published information and direct analyst interaction. Gartner, Inc. expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied