Kosovo joins WB, IMF.Fatmir Sejdiu Fatmir Sejdiu (born October 23, 1951) is the 2nd and current President of Kosovo, a Serbian province under UN administration since the 1999 Kosovo War.
He was born in the small village of Pakaštica near Podujevo, in Kosovo, Yugoslavia (now Serbia). and prime minister Hashim Thaci formally signed the Articles of Agreement of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF IMF
See: International Monetary Fund
See International Monetary Fund (IMF). ) thus making Kosovo a full-fledged member of the two Bretton Woods Bretton Woods can refer to:
- Bretton Woods, New Hampshire
- The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference, more commonly known as the "Bretton Woods Conference"
- Bretton Woods system, the international monetary system created at the conference
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Thaci, membership will not only have economic benefits, but also political ones. He said membership enforces Kosovo's sovereignty and opens new perspectives for the country. The signing ceremony took place at the offices of the US state department in Washington DC.
Serbia has said that Kosovo joining the World Bank and IMF is not an indication of sovereignty.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||FOREIGN BRIEFS|
|Publication:||The Sofia Echo (Sofia, Bulgaria)|
|Date:||Jul 3, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Corfu meeting.|
|Next Article:||Serbian signals: ahead of a visit by the Dutch foreign minister and the July EU ministerial, Belgrade insists it is co-operating with The Hague...|