Kempling and freedom of thought.Vancouver, BC -- The Supreme Court of Canada The Supreme Court of Canada (French: Cour suprême du Canada) is the highest court of Canada and is the final court of appeal in the Canadian justice system. refused to hear a freedom of speech case brought by Quesnel, B.C. teacher Dr. Chris Kempling. The case stemmed from letters to the editor written to the Quesnel Cariboo Observer between 1997 and 2000 questioning the promotion of the homosexual agenda in schools.
Saying he has no regrets about the past ten years, Kempling announced his intention to take his complaint to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights The United Nations Commission on Human Rights (UNCHR) was a functional commission within the overall framework of the United Nations. It was a subsidiary body of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and was also assisted in its work by the Office of the United . He hopes that a favourable ruling will embarrass Canada into reviewing its alleged commitment to free speech for religious minorities. Kempling also said he is planning to write a book about his experiences (Christianity.ca, Jan. 19, 2006).
Prior to the refusal of the Supreme Court to hear his case, Kempling had been denied a hearing by the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal. The chair of the B.C. Tribunal, Heather McNaughton, also used to be the adjudicator ad·ju·di·cate
v. ad·ju·di·cat·ed, ad·ju·di·cat·ing, ad·ju·di·cates
1. To hear and settle (a case) by judicial procedure.
2. for the Ontario Human Rights Commission The Ontario Human Rights Commission was established in the Canadian province of Ontario in 1961 to administer the Ontario Human Rights Code. The commission is an arm's length agency of government accountable to the legislature through the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario. (LifeSiteNews.com, Dec. 8, 2005).
The Equipping Christians for the Public-square Centre in Burlington, ON, is urging everyone to contact the B.C. Human Rights Commission. "We need to jam their phone lines and fax lines, and fill up their e-mail and snail mail boxes with messages of outrage ..." said the Rev. Tristan Emmanuel, Executive Director of the ECP (Enhanced Capabilities Port) See IEEE 1284.
1. ECP - Engineering Change Proposal.
2. ECP - Enhanced Capabilities Port.
3. ECP - Extended Capabilities Port.
4. ECP - Extended Concurrent Prolog. (REAL Women, Press Release, Nov. 22, 2005).