Printer Friendly

KEMPER DEVELOPS ALTERNATIVE STRATEGY FOR CD INVESTORS

 KEMPER DEVELOPS ALTERNATIVE STRATEGY FOR CD INVESTORS
 CHICAGO, July 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Kemper Financial Services, Inc. has


developed a simple investment strategy to enhance CD investment income potential.
 Plunging CD returns coupled with taxes and inflation have eroded the purchasing power of CD instruments. In order to come out ahead on investments, some individuals may have to look beyond CDs.
 Under "Kemper's 3-D plan" investors are encouraged to reinvest 70 percent of a maturing CD into another CD instrument. The remaining 30 percent should be split between three mutual funds that meet individual investment needs.
 "With Kemper's 3-D strategy, investors can dramatically improve their return potential over time without taking on a lot more risk and without totally giving up the safety net of a CD," said Bill Chapman, senior vice president of central marketing. "To stay ahead of taxes and inflation, diversifying CD investments with alternatives that have potential to earn more over time is even more important."
 Types of funds recommended to diversify a portfolio include government bonds funds, municipal bond funds and growth funds.
 "Diversifying a percentage of assets adds dimension to CD investments. Investors who broaden their investment scope just a bit may earn a whole lot more," said Chapman. "And, historically, growth funds, which take advantage of the stock market's superior long-term growth potential, have been one of the better ways to beat inflation over time."
 Kemper Financial Services, Inc. (KFS) is one of the nation's largest money managers. Together with its affiliates, KFS has more than $67 billion in assets under management. It is part of the investment services segment of Kemper Corp. (NYSE: KEM), a non-operating holding company with major subsidiaries in property casualty insurance, life insurance, reinsurance, risk management and securities brokerage.
 NOTE: Unlike CDs, mutual fund shares are not insured or guaranteed and present greater risk to capital. Returns and net asset value will fluctuate. Shares may be redeemed at net asset value which may be more or less than the original cost. Historical performance of any investment may not represent future performance.
 -0- 7/27/92
 /CONTACT: Marilyn Morrison, 312-499-8467, or Steve Radis, 312-499-8393, both of Kemper Financial Services/
 (KEM) CO: Kemper Financial Services Inc.; Kemper Corp. ST: Illinois IN: FIN SU:


CK -- NY054 -- 3462 07/27/92 11:13 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Jul 27, 1992
Words:380
Previous Article:LUXOTTICA GROUP ANNOUNCES SECOND QUARTER AND FIRST HALF RESULTS
Next Article:INSTINET CORPORATION ACQUIRES BOMAR SECURITIES
Topics:


Related Articles
KEMPER FINANCIAL SERVICES DEVELOPS RETiREMENT INVESTING TOOLS FOR SENIOR ADULTS, FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVES
FUTURE HEALTHCARE, INC. RETAINS KEMPER SECURITIES, INC.
DAVID DREMAN TO CONTINUE AS MAJOR FORCE BEHIND DREMAN VALUE ADVISORS
Kemper Funds Introduces 'Kemper Annuity Works' Multimedia CD-ROM Financial Representatives, A Key Tool to Help Representatives Educate Clients About...
Kemper Funds Research Refutes 'Selfishness' of Yuppie Generation; Firm Says Need for Independence Drives Investment Attitudes.
International Investing Is Subject of Live Web Forum Featuring Marc Slendebroek, Portfolio Manager of Scudder Investments International Fund.
Kemper Funds Identifies Investing Attitudes of Woodstock Generation; Independence and Personal Growth Remain Important to Aging Boomers.
Kemper Funds Study Reveals Investors Over Age 55 Control Nation's Wealth; Show Clear Preference in Reliance on Professional Investment Advice.
'Dot.Complexity' Increases Investor Confusion, Hunger For Guidance.
Scudder Kemper Investments, Inc. Signs Agreement With Home Account To Expand Its Internet-Based Services.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters