Jun. 5 - council.* Mayor Eddy and Frank Fairchild, Chair of the Accessibility Advisory Committee, presented awards to the following companies in recognition of accessibility features which had been incorporated into their facilities: Legends Taphouse and Grill; Rest Acres Pharmacy; Bank of Montreal “BMO” redirects here. For the mathematics competition, see British Mathematical Olympiad.
Bank of Montreal/Banque de Montréal (TSX: BMO, NYSE: BMO) is Canada's fourth largest bank, and is classified as a Domestic Chartered Bank (Schedule I). , Grand River Street Branch, Paris.
* Cliff Jones, representing the St. George Canada Day Committee, provided information on Canada Day events that had been held in St. George since 2003, including financial information on the events held from 2007 to 2011. Jones noted that the county reduced its grant from $2,000 in 2011 to $500 in 2012, and requested that the county reinstate the additional $1,500 so that the 2012 Canada Day events can proceed. The request for additional funding of $1,500 was referred to the June Corporate Development Committee for consideration.
* Larry Stewart, Chair of the County of Brant brant or brant goose, common name for a species of wild sea goose. The American brant, Branta bernicla, breeds in the Arctic and winters along the Atlantic coast. Public Library Board, provided highlights of the library's annual report for 2011, noting in particular the development of the new strategic plan, expansion of the local history digital collection to include the South Dumfries area, the writer-in-residence program, participation in the War of 1812 committee project, provision of courses on social networking for businesses and volunteer organizations, development of a Kobo ko·bo
n. pl. kobo
See Table at currency.
[Possibly Yoruba kb e-readers loan program, purchase of additional laptops to enable the delivery of computer literacy courses, and the development of the library's own collection of e-Books with free public access.
Stewart noted that membership in and usage of the library system continued to rise. Although there had been a slight reduction in the use of printed books, the use of virtual services had increased. He referred to a copy of a letter sent to Hon. Christian Paradis regarding discontinuance of the Community Access Program for the 2012/13 year and the consequences on library programs. He reviewed the many computer and literacy programs that were supported by the annual grant, noting that the library received funding of $21,890 in 2011/12 under the CAP program. The cancellation of the program will necessitate capital funding through the county budget in future years to replace the CAP computers.
* Denyse Lovell, of 124 Brant Rd., presented a petition signed by 15 residents requesting action to require Dragonfly dragonfly, any insect of the order Odonata, which also includes the damselfly. Members of this order are generally large predatory insects and characteristically have chewing mouthparts and four membranous, net-veined wings; they undergo complete metamorphosis. Landscape Supply to cease and/or control the dust generated by their business at 117 Brant Rd. She noted that she had been complaining for three years to the county by-law enforcement due to the dust from this business which affected the cleanliness of their homes, vehicles, swimming pools, etc. and their property values. It also created health concerns for nearby residents. She noted that the company treated its parking lot in 2011 with a product that controlled the dust for a month and a half. However, this year Dragonfly had been applying water which was not been effective or consistent.
Dan Bellhouse of Dragonfly Landscape Supply advised that this was the fifth season of operation for his company. He acknowledged that there was a dust problem at his business, which was mainly caused by two bins of topsoil, and that dust from his business affected the Lovells who lived across the road. However, he had met with some of the other neighbours in the vicinity who have advised that they did not have any issues with dust. Bellhouse explained that they were trying their best to control the dust by watering the recycled asphalt parking lot, sometimes as often as three or four times a day. He had used calcium in the past, but this had damaged vehicles and caused slippery conditions in buildings creating a safety hazard for workers. Although an oil substance was applied in 2011, he was not willing to reapply Re`ap`ply´
v. t. & i. 1. To apply again.
reapply vi → volver a presentarse, hacer or presentar una nueva solicitud
it as he had not been able to obtain a guarantee that the product was environmentally acceptable. Bellhouse also pointed out that his business was seasonal operating from April to November each year.
Council voted to refer the petition presented by Denyse Lovell to staff to prepare a report for consideration as soon as possible.
* Notice was received that the OMB OMB
Office of Management and Budget
Noun 1. OMB - the executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget
Office of Management and Budget Hearing for ABT ABT About
ABT Abteilung (German: Department)
ABT Abbott Laboratories (stock symbol)
ABT American Ballet Theatre
ABT Associação Brasileira de Telemarketing
ABT Availability Based Tariff Quality Homes, at 72 Hammond Rd. was scheduled for Friday, Jul. 20 at 10:30 a.m. at the council chambers.
* A thank you letter was received from Eleanor Maslin for her retirement reception and gift.
* Thank-you letters for 2012 grants were received from the Adelaide Hunter Hoodless Homestead Committee for funding towards its second annual Summer Fete and Grade 5 students and teachers of Onondaga Brant School for the county's donations to the Bite of Brant program so that they could attend.
* Approval was granted for application ZBA ZBA
See: Zero balance account 15/12/AE, from Richard and Patricia Gray, owners of 291 7th Concession Rd., Burford township, to temporarily rezone re·zone
tr.v. re·zoned, re·zon·ing, re·zones
To change the zoning classification of (a neighborhood or property, for example).
re the subject lands from Agricultural (A) to Agricultural with temporary and special provisions (T-A-1-06-05-2032) to permit a garden suite for a period of 20 years.
* Approval was granted for application ZBA44/11/MD, from Snodgrass Consulting Services, agent for Nichols Gravel Ltd., on behalf of Patrick and Jayne Van Acker, owners of lands at 201 Bishopsgate Rd., Burford township, to change the zoning on 36.5 hectares of the subject lands from Agricultural (A) to Extractive extractive /ex·trac·tive/ (-tiv) any substance present in an organized tissue, or in a mixture in a small quantity, and requiring extraction by a special method.
1. Industrial (EX).
* Approval was granted for application OPA-F11, from Snodgrass Consulting Services, agent for Nichols Gravel Ltd., on behalf of Patrick and Jayne Van Acker, owners of lands at 201 Bishopsgate Rd., Burford township, to amend the designation of 36.5 hectares of the subject lands from Agriculture to Extractive Industrial.
* Approval was granted for application ZBA9/12/SS received from John Muir, on behalf of Maida Pike, owner of 301 7th Concession Road, to rezone the agricultural portion of the farm from Agricultural (A) to Agricultural with a special provision (A-9) to prevent the creation of a new building lot.
* Approval was granted for application OPA-A12/CJ received from G. Douglas Vallee Ltd., agent for, 832605 Ontario Inc., applicant for property on the east side of Cedar Street, Burford township, to amend the Official Plan designation of the subject lands from Institutional to a Medium Density Residential Area in order to establish a residential plan of condominium.
* Approval was granted for application ZBA4/12/CJ received from G. Douglas Vallee Ltd., agent for, 832605 Ontario Inc., applicant for property on the east side of Cedar Street, to rezone the subject lands from Institutional (I) and Residential Type 1A (R1A) to Residential Multiple First Density (R4) Zone, subject to several conditions.
* Approval was granted for application application ZBA30/10/ SS received from the GSP GSP Good Scientific Practice
GSP Generalized System of Preferences
GSP Gross State Product
GSP German Shorthaired Pointer (dog breed)
GSP Geometer's Sketchpad (KTP Technologies geometry software)
GSP Georges St. Group Inc., agent for Riverview Highlands (Paris) Holdings Limited, owners of 158 Willow St., South Dumfries township, to rezone the subject lands from Agricultural (A) to Residential First Density (R1-xx) with a special provision.
* A resolution was defeated proposing a sixth councillor, Coun. Gatward, on the Brant County O.P.P. Detachment Committee.
* Brant Renewable Energy was transferred to Brant County Power Services Inc. from Brant County Power Inc.
* Council unanimously supported the nomination of Mayor Ron Eddy as a director for the rural caucus of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario The Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) is a non-profit organization representing municipal and regional governments in the Canadian province of Ontario. It was created on June 22, 1972 through a merger of the Ontario Municipal Association and the Ontario Association of Board of Directors.
* An invitation from Andy Atwal was received for members of council to tour the Brantford Mushroom Farm on Colborne Street East prior to the June Planning Advisory Committee meeting.
* Andre Gravelle was appointed Acting Chief Building Official.