He is survived by his companion of 18 years, Maria Zayas of Clinton, and their three children, Ezequiel Vazquez, Yeidivelis Rivera, and Onix Rafael Rivera; his parents, Angel and Juanita Rivera; and three brothers, Gami Rivera, Juan Rivera Juan Rivera may refer to:
- Juan Rivera (explorer) an early Spanish explorer of North America
- Juan Rivera (baseball), the baseball player
- Juan Rivera (wrestler), a professional wrestler, better known by his stage name Savio Vega.
Mr. Rivera was born in Puerto Rico Puerto Rico (pwār`tō rē`kō), island (2005 est. pop. 3,917,000), 3,508 sq mi (9,086 sq km), West Indies, c.1,000 mi (1,610 km) SE of Miami, Fla. , immigrated and settled with his family in Massachusetts, and was a graduate of Lawrence High School Lawrence High School may refer to:
In the US:
- Lawrence High School (Kansas), in Lawrence, Kansas
- Lawrence High School (New Jersey), in Lawrence, New Jersey
- Lawrence High School (New York), in Cedarhurst, New York
He later relocated to Clinton and began employment with Nypro, Inc., from where he has currently worked for nearly four years. He held a passion for classical Spanish music and took great interest in knowledge of antique automobiles.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, July 9, from the Philbin-Comeau Funeral Home, 176 Water St., Clinton, with a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. at St. John the Evangelist Church, 80 Union St., Clinton. Burial will be held at a later date in his hometown in Puerto Rico.
Memorial contributions may be made in memory of Jose R. Rivera to the Vazquez-Rivera Scholarship Fund, 159 Mechanic St., Clinton, MA 01510. Online condolences may be placed at www.philbincomeaufh.com.