Jenny Lewis Helps Kanye with New Single
So even if you didn’t catch the VMAs earlier this month (we forgive you, by the way), you probably heard about Kanye—which, of course, is precisely the way Kanye likes it. The majority of the post-show coverage focused on the premier performance of Mr. West’s new tune “Love Lockdown Lockdown
A specified period when an employee of a public company is barred from selling - and occasionally buying - their company's stock.
These types of equity transaction restrictions can be imposed by securities regulators or underwriting firms if a company has ,” an R&B ballad from his forthcoming album 808’s & Heartbreak (due out December 16th). Never one to stay far from the spotlight for long, Kanye posted a studio version of the track to his blog just three days later. Not a bad song, we thought. Still, all those auto-tuned vocals were a little much. (Though the cover art for the single is pitch perfect.) Then, two days ago, Kanye posted another, remixed version for our listening pleasure. “Your prayers have been answered!! There's a new version of Love Lockdown coming,” Kanye exclaimed the day before. “We used new taiko
And now, proving that Kanye’s hubris Hubris
An arrogance due to excessive pride and an insolence toward others. A classic character flaw of a trader or investor. is trumped only by his bank account, we learn that the dude’s been traipsing around airports, iPod in hand, to get feedback from complete strangers on his new material—as if the entire nation has time to spare for Mr. West and his muse. It seems, though, that Kanye hasn’t just been talking to Noun 1. talking to - a lengthy rebuke; "a good lecture was my father's idea of discipline"; "the teacher gave him a talking to"
rebuke, reprehension, reprimand, reproof, reproval - an act or expression of criticism and censure; "he had to Joe Six-Packs. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a report from EW.com (via Stereogum), Kanye bumped into Jenny Lewis at an airport while the singer was en route to perform at the Democratic Convention last month. The flight was delayed and while Lewis was waiting in the lounge, the two made contact. "I noticed Kanye West was waiting for the same flight," Lewis told EW.com. "He looked over and said, 'Excuse me, would you mind listening to my new track?'" Yet, Kanye just thought he was talking to a cute redhead. "He had no idea who I was," said Lewis. "I guess he was doing research." We’re just glad Ms. Rilo Kiley didn’t whip out a camera and try to take a few pictures of her presumptive pre·sump·tive
1. Providing a reasonable basis for belief or acceptance.
2. Founded on probability or presumption.
pre·sump suitor SUITOR. One who is a party to a suit or action in court. One who is a party to an action. In its ancient sense, suitor meant one Who was bound to attend the county court, also, one who formed part of the secta. (q.v.) . We know what Kanye does to those folks…