JILTED KEN IN LOVE-TUG BATTLE.
A LOVE-TUG baby battle is set to break out in Coronation Street between cheating hairdresser Denise Osbourne and her bitter boyfriend Ken Barlow.
But the war over baby Daniel will help rekindle re·kin·dle
tr.v. re·kin·dled, re·kin·dling, re·kin·dles
1. To relight (a fire).
2. To revive or renew: rekindled an old interest in the sciences. the flames between spurned spurn
v. spurned, spurn·ing, spurns
1. To reject disdainfully or contemptuously; scorn. See Synonyms at refuse1.
2. To kick at or tread on disdainfully.
v. lover Ken and his ex-wife Deirdre.
Ken (Bill Roache) goes berserk ber·serk
1. Destructively or frenetically violent: a berserk worker who started smashing all the windows.
2. when he discovers that Denise (Denise Black) is having an affair with her brother-in-law Brian behind his back.
The sexy hairdresser feels the full force of Ken's anger, and also has to face her heartbroken sister who brands Denise a marriage wrecker.
That is Denise's cue to flee the Street, taking baby Daniel with her and provoking a furious reaction from Ken.
Viewers will see Ken embark on a long and expensive legal battle to win back his son. And he will also get support from ex-wife Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride) who has been waiting in the wings since the mysterious death of her Moroccan toyboy Samir.
Denise's dramatic departure has been prompted by the decision of actress Denise Black to take a six- month break from the soap.
But her character will be back later in the year for a courtroom showdown with Ken over baby Daniel.