Iusacell and Palm Announce Availability of Treo Pro in Mexico.Windows Mobile The Windows platform from Microsoft for handheld devices, including PDAs, cellphones and Portable Media Centers. See Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone and Portable Media Center. 6.1 with Palm Ease-of-use Innovations
MEXICO CITY Mexico City
Spanish Ciudad de México
City (pop., 2000: city, 8,605,239; 2003 metro. area est., 18,660,000), capital of Mexico. Located at an elevation of 7,350 ft (2,240 m), it is officially coterminous with the Federal District, which occupies 571 sq mi -- Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) and Iusacell announced that Treo Pro[TM] by Palm is now available in Mexico on Iusacell's mobile broadband Description
Mobile Broadband is a type of wireless internet access that differs from Wi-Fi.
Mobile Broadband is the name used to describe the 3G services which are made possible by HSDPA and HSUPA, the latest technologies on the W-CDMA evolutionary path. network.
Treo Pro is an easy-to-use smartphone for businesses that want to simplify their IT infrastructures and lower costs, and for users who want to stay on top of their professional and personal lives. With its streamlined design and Palm([R]) innovations layered on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Treo Pro is a unique combination of sleek simplicity and robust productivity -- including email and Wi-Fi capabilities(1) -- that meets the needs of businesses and end users alike.
Palm's Wi-Fi hardware and software innovations on Treo Pro make it easy to get online fast and manage network connections and power usage.(1) The one-touch Wi-Fi button provides a clean, uncluttered Wi-Fi experience that gets Treo Pro users rapidly connected at home, in the office or in Wi-Fi hotspots.
Treo Pro is the first Palm smartphone featuring Internet Explorer Mobile Internet Explorer Mobile or IE Mobile (formerly named Pocket Internet Explorer or PIE before Windows Mobile 5.0) is an Internet browser developed by Microsoft for Pocket PC and Handheld PC that comes loaded by default with Windows Mobile and 6, with options for either a mobile-optimized or desktop-like Internet browsing experience at speeds of Iusacell's 3G network and CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) A method for transmitting simultaneous signals over a shared portion of the spectrum. The foremost application of CDMA is the digital cellular phone technology from QUALCOMM that operates in the 800 MHz band and 1.9 GHz PCS band. technology. Treo Pro's thin design blends a flush, high-resolution color touch screen and a full QWERTY keyboard The standard English language typewriter keyboard. Q, W, E, R, T and Y are the letters on the top left, alphabetic row. Designed by Christopher Sholes, who invented the typewriter, the keyboard layout was organized to prevent people from typing too fast and jamming the keys. with a removable battery that packs up to five hours of talk time and enough strength for the business user's needs, offering a powerful yet effortless mobile experience.
The Palm Experience on Windows Mobile 6.1
Treo Pro optimizes business processes by mobilizing users with enhancements to the Windows Mobile 6.1 platform, including:
* One-touch Wi-Fi button - Easy, fast connection experience (802.11b/g).(1)
* Ringer switch - Silences the device immediately.
* Clock and background screen with date - With just a glance at the screen, without having to turn the device on, users can see the date and time and if they missed a call.
* Dedicated email and calendar buttons - Fast one-button access.
Lower Costs, Increased Productivity
With Treo Pro, businesses can take advantage of a tightly integrated Palm and Windows Mobile 6.1 solution for their mobile work forces, including:
* Microsoft Direct Push Technology(2) -- Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server Microsoft Exchange Server is a messaging and collaborative software product developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft Servers line of server products and is widely used by enterprises using Microsoft infrastructure solutions. 2003 SP2 or 2007 gives users up-to-date email, contacts and calendars.
* Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 -- With the deployment of Mobile Device Manager, the Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier smartphone management and access to information on the corporate network. IT professionals can confidently manage large Treo Pro deployments.
* Applications for Windows Mobile -- Businesses can extend mobility beyond email to optimize business processes.
* Support and training -- Palm's ease-of-use innovations make Treo Pro so easy to use, businesses can spend less on training and support for their users.
* Familiar Windows experience -- Users can browse the web with built-in Internet Explorer Mobile; open, view, and edit Word and Excel compatible files; review PowerPoint presentations and PDF files See PDF. ; and open ZIP files (1) A file that contains one or more files that have been compressed into the ZIP format. Also called a "ZIP archive," "zipped file" or "zipped archive," the ZIP algorithm is the most popular compression method in use.
Not Just the . .
More information about the Treo Pro smartphone is available at www.palm.com/TreoPro.
NOTE: Multimedia materials are available from the Palm Press Room Media Library (www.palm.com/mml).
Grupo Iusacell S.A. de C.V. is a wireless cellular services and PCS (1) (Personal Communications Services) Refers to wireless services that emerged after the U.S. government auctioned commercial licenses in 1994 and 1995. This radio spectrum in the 1. supplier in Mexico, with national and international coverage. It offers more and better voice communication and data transfer solutions in its coverage area through cutting-edge technologies such as Mexico's first 3G network. In addition to its main mobile services, it also provides a wide range of 3G services, such as live TV on mobile phones, unlimited high-speed Internet See broadband. , GPS navigation See GPS. (1), cell phone location, and many others.
About Palm, Inc.
Palm, Inc. is a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enable people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include Palm([R]) Treo[TM], Pre[TM] and Centro[TM] phones, as well as software, services and accessories.
Palm products are sold through select Internet, retail, reseller and wireless operator channels throughout the world, and at Palm online stores (http://www.palm.com/store).
More information about Palm, Inc. is available at http://www.palm.com.
(1) Within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network See wireless Ethernet and 802.11. . Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage. Email and web require an account and data services at additional cost.
(2) Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN (Virtual Private Network) A private network that is configured within a public network (a carrier's network or the Internet) in order to take advantage of the economies of scale and management facilities of large networks. may be required.
Palm, Treo, Pre, and Centro are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to, Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of and used to identify products or services of their respective owners.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 26, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Park City Group Reports Third Quarter Financial Results.|
|Next Article:||Cerus and Grifols Extend INTERCEPT Blood System Distribution to Italy.|