Iusacell and Palm Announce Availability of Treo Pro in Mexico.
MEXICO CITY -- Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) and Iusacell announced that Treo Pro[TM] by Palm is now available in Mexico on Iusacell's mobile broadband network.
Treo Pro is an easy-to-use smartphone for businesses that want to simplify their IT infrastructures and lower costs, and for users who want to stay on top of their professional and personal lives. With its streamlined design and Palm([R]) innovations layered on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Treo Pro is a unique combination of sleek simplicity and robust productivity -- including email and Wi-Fi capabilities(1) -- that meets the needs of businesses and end users alike.
Palm's Wi-Fi hardware and software innovations on Treo Pro make it easy to get online fast and manage network connections and power usage.(1) The one-touch Wi-Fi button provides a clean, uncluttered Wi-Fi experience that gets Treo Pro users rapidly connected at home, in the office or in Wi-Fi hotspots.
Treo Pro is the first Palm smartphone featuring Internet Explorer Mobile 6, with options for either a mobile-optimized or desktop-like Internet browsing experience at speeds of Iusacell's 3G network and CDMA technology. Treo Pro's thin design blends a flush, high-resolution color touch screen and a full QWERTY keyboard with a removable battery that packs up to five hours of talk time and enough strength for the business user's needs, offering a powerful yet effortless mobile experience.
The Palm Experience on Windows Mobile 6.1
Treo Pro optimizes business processes by mobilizing users with enhancements to the Windows Mobile 6.1 platform, including:
* One-touch Wi-Fi button - Easy, fast connection experience (802.11b/g).(1)
* Ringer switch - Silences the device immediately.
* Clock and background screen with date - With just a glance at the screen, without having to turn the device on, users can see the date and time and if they missed a call.
* Dedicated email and calendar buttons - Fast one-button access.
Lower Costs, Increased Productivity
With Treo Pro, businesses can take advantage of a tightly integrated Palm and Windows Mobile 6.1 solution for their mobile work forces, including:
* Microsoft Direct Push Technology(2) -- Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 or 2007 gives users up-to-date email, contacts and calendars.
* Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 -- With the deployment of Mobile Device Manager, the Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier smartphone management and access to information on the corporate network. IT professionals can confidently manage large Treo Pro deployments.
* Applications for Windows Mobile -- Businesses can extend mobility beyond email to optimize business processes.
* Support and training -- Palm's ease-of-use innovations make Treo Pro so easy to use, businesses can spend less on training and support for their users.
* Familiar Windows experience -- Users can browse the web with built-in Internet Explorer Mobile; open, view, and edit Word and Excel compatible files; review PowerPoint presentations and PDF files; and open ZIP files.
More information about the Treo Pro smartphone is available at www.palm.com/TreoPro.
NOTE: Multimedia materials are available from the Palm Press Room Media Library (www.palm.com/mml).
Grupo Iusacell S.A. de C.V. is a wireless cellular services and PCS supplier in Mexico, with national and international coverage. It offers more and better voice communication and data transfer solutions in its coverage area through cutting-edge technologies such as Mexico's first 3G network. In addition to its main mobile services, it also provides a wide range of 3G services, such as live TV on mobile phones, unlimited high-speed Internet, GPS navigation (1), cell phone location, and many others.
About Palm, Inc.
Palm, Inc. is a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enable people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include Palm([R]) Treo[TM], Pre[TM] and Centro[TM] phones, as well as software, services and accessories.
Palm products are sold through select Internet, retail, reseller and wireless operator channels throughout the world, and at Palm online stores (http://www.palm.com/store).
More information about Palm, Inc. is available at http://www.palm.com.
(1) Within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage. Email and web require an account and data services at additional cost.
(2) Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN may be required.
Palm, Treo, Pre, and Centro are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to, Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of and used to identify products or services of their respective owners.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 26, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Park City Group Reports Third Quarter Financial Results.|
|Next Article:||Cerus and Grifols Extend INTERCEPT Blood System Distribution to Italy.|