Isaacs, Susan. Part perfect.ISAACS, Susan. Part perfect. Read by Randye Kaye. 10 cds. 11 hrs. Brilliance Audio. 2006/2007 1-4233-3889-8. $102.25. Vinyl; plot, reader notes. SA
This light chick lit/mystery novel with a little espionage espionage (ĕs`pēənäzh'), the act of obtaining information clandestinely. The term applies particularly to the act of collecting military, industrial, and political data about one nation for the benefit of another. thrown in is entertaining. Katie Schottland, fired from her low-level CIA CIA: see Central Intelligence Agency.
(1) (Confidentiality Integrity Authentication) The three important concerns with regards to information security. Encryption is used to provide confidentiality (privacy, secrecy). job 15 years ago, is now married, a mother, a successful spy novelist and a TV series writer. Her angst angst 1
A feeling of anxiety or apprehension often accompanied by depression.
angstrom over losing her CIA job is revived when she receives a phone call from a former co-worker who says she knows why she was fired and that she needs to talk to Katie--but then she doesn't call back. Katie begins her own investigation. She takes some wild leaps of imagination, calls in favors, hides what she's doing from her family and her husband, and takes some pretty big risks in order to uncover the story behind her firing, which leads to current murders and suspicious deaths. Kaye reads the story primarily in Katie's voice: a semi-sophisticated New Yorker with a flippant flip·pant
1. Marked by disrespectful levity or casualness; pert.
2. Archaic Talkative; voluble.
[Probably from flip. edge. She also creates excellent voices for other characters: the former co-worker, squeaky squeak·y
adj. squeak·i·er, squeak·i·est
1. Characterized by squeaking tones: a squeaky voice.
2. Tending to squeak: squeaky shoes. and irritating; the former undercover spy, deep and slow; and Katie's understanding husband, calm and resonant resonant
giving an intense, rich sound on percussion; exhibiting resonance. . Nola Theiss, Sanibel, FL
S--Recommended for senior high school students.
A--Recommended for advanced students and adults. This code will help librarians and teachers working in high schools where there are honors and advanced placement students. This also will help extend KLIATT's usefulness in public libraries.