Is the Pope winding down?Rome--According to a widely circulated story, the Holy Father told aides not to mark him down for appointments after January 6, 2001--the end of the Holy Year. But papal pa·pal
1. Of, relating to, or issued by a pope: the papal succession; a papal bull.
2. Of or relating to the Roman Catholic Church. spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said in mid-December that, if anything, the intense activity of the Jubilee year Jubilee year
fiftieth year; liberty proclaimed for all inhabitants. [O.T.: Leviticus 25:8–13]
See : Freedom had left many things undone which needed to be attended to. The Pope has a busy schedule of consistories, canonizations, synods, liturgies--and foreign travel.
The regular assembly of the Synod SYNOD. An ecclesiastical assembly. of Bishops, postponed from 2000, will take place in October. It is to deal with a theme close to John Paul's interest--the role of the bishop.
In May he will resume his pilgrimages to biblical lands through his first visit to Syria. In June, he is to go to Ukraine, where the Catholics and the Orthodox still eye each other warily. In September, he is to go to Armenia, a predominantly Orthodox country which is celebrating the l700th anniversary of Christianity. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Navarro-Valls, his travel plans reflect one of his priorities, improving ecumenical relations, especially with the Orthodox.
No post-jubilee letdown letdown
1. the sudden flush of milk flow that occurs when the calf begins to suck or when milking commences in a properly prepared cow. Depends for its occurrence on the release of oxytocin from the pituitary gland in response to massage of the teats and udder. obvious here!