Internet Security 2006 also spyware 2006.
* Internet Security 2006 is a moduar suite that includes Steganos AntiSpyware 2006 for the first time alongside Steganos AntiVinis, Steganos Personal Firewall, Steganos AntiDialer and Steganos AntiSpam. Users can pick and choose which applications they need so that their installation is optimised for their requirements.
Together, the modules in Steganos Internet Security 2006 protect users from a range of threats including viruses, tmjans, adware, spyware, keyloggers, phishing, hacker attacks, dialers and spam. Malware programs pose a substantial threat, including identity theft. Identity theft cn'mes occur when criminals steal addresses, credit card numbers and other personal information to impersonate computer owners and incur debts in their name. This crime is widely reported to be on the increase.
* Steganos AntiVirus 2006: virus protection with rapid updates Steganos AntiVirus 2006 protects PCs reliably and continuously from viruses, worms, trojans and other malware programs. The application oversees read and write operations in the background and checks emails on arrival. Using Steganos AntiVirus 2006, the computer is protected from script, macro, dam, bootsector, polymorphous, ActiveX and Java viruses. The virus database is updated every hour.
* Steganos Personal Firewall 2006-self-learning protection against hackers and trojans
* Steganos Personal Firewall 2006 protects computers from hackers and trojans and includes learning technology so that it adapts to user preferences. 'The firewall filters incoming and outgoing traffic. If a trojan has been installed on the computer before Steganos Internet Security was installed, the firewall will stop it sending data out over the intemet. The firewall offers a stealth mode that makes the computer invisible on the internet so that hackers cannot find it to attack.
* Steganos Personal Firewall offers five different levels of security to ensure it meets the needs of every PC user
* Steganos AntiSpam 2006: intelligent filtering; of junk and phishing emails Steganos AntiSpam uses intelligent Bayesian filters, which adapt to the use email selection criteria, to identify spam and phising emails.
Whitelists, blacklists and the spam mail statistics can be used to control email. The software works with all email clients, including Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Exprm, Eudora, Mozilla, Netscape, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix MmL Opera, Thunderbird and web-based email services.
* Steganos AntiDialer 2006: protecting against premium rate dialers Steganos AntiDialer 2006 protects computers against premium rate phone connections which malicious software can initiate. To avoid the user getting a nasty shock when the phone bill arrives, Steganos AntiDialer provides a firewall for the phone connection that can be used to contml which connections are allowed. The software can scan the computer for dialers and quarantine suspect programs.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Security News|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Men more likely to fall prey to online scams, spam and viruses.|
|Next Article:||Immediate protection for harmful keylogger.|