Internet Security 2006 also spyware 2006.
Steganos has launched two new applications: Steganos Internet Security ''This article or section is being rewritten at
Internet security is the process of protecting data and privacy of devices connected to internet from information robbery, hacking, malware infection and unwanted software. 2006 and Steganos AntiSpyware 2006. The applications erect a defence against identity theft and will help computer users to protect their hardware, software and data from malicious programs and hackers. Antispyware 2006 now destroys over 100,000 malware programs and has been optimised to run up to 400% faster than the previous version. The software offers real-time protection Real-time protection, on-access scanning, background guard, resident shield, autoprotect, and other synonyms refer to the automatic protection provided by most antivirus, antispyware, and other antimalware programs, which is arguably their most important and prevents personal data being sent over the interact, browser favourites being manipulated, the start page being hyjacked and search requests being diverted. The application comes with a year of fully automated free updates.
* Internet Security 2006 is a moduar suite that includes Steganos AntiSpyware 2006 for the first time alongside Steganos AntiVinis, Steganos Personal Firewall, Steganos AntiDialer and Steganos AntiSpam. Users can pick and choose which applications they need so that their installation is optimised for their requirements.
Together, the modules in Steganos Internet Security 2006 protect users from a range of threats including viruses, tmjans, adware, spyware, keyloggers, phishing, hacker attacks, dialers and spam. Malware programs pose a substantial threat, including identity theft. Identity theft cn'mes occur when criminals steal addresses, credit card numbers and other personal information to impersonate im·per·son·ate
tr.v. im·per·son·at·ed, im·per·son·at·ing, im·per·son·ates
1. To assume the character or appearance of, especially fraudulently: impersonate a police officer.
2. computer owners and incur debts in their name. This crime is widely reported to be on the increase.
* Steganos AntiVirus 2006: virus protection with rapid updates Steganos AntiVirus 2006 protects PCs reliably and continuously from viruses, worms, trojans and other malware programs. The application oversees read and write operations in the background and checks emails on arrival. Using Steganos AntiVirus 2006, the computer is protected from script, macro, dam, bootsector, polymorphous polymorphous /poly·mor·phous/ (-mor´fus) polymorphic.
polymorphic. , ActiveX and Java viruses. The virus database is updated every hour.
* Steganos Personal Firewall 2006-self-learning protection against hackers and trojans
* Steganos Personal Firewall 2006 protects computers from hackers and trojans and includes learning technology so that it adapts to user preferences. 'The firewall filters incoming and outgoing traffic. If a trojan has been installed on the computer before Steganos Internet Security was installed, the firewall will stop it sending data out over the intemet. The firewall offers a stealth mode Taking place in secret. It often refers to the position that startup companies take when developing a product they feel will be very competitive in the marketplace. They swear everyone to secrecy and keep a very low profile until they are ready to launch. that makes the computer invisible on the internet so that hackers cannot find it to attack.
* Steganos Personal Firewall offers five different levels of security to ensure it meets the needs of every PC user
* Steganos AntiSpam 2006: intelligent filtering; of junk and phishing emails Steganos AntiSpam uses intelligent Bayesian filters, which adapt to the use email selection criteria, to identify spam and phising emails.
Whitelists, blacklists and the spam mail statistics can be used to control email. The software works with all email clients See e-mail program. , including Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Exprm, Eudora, Mozilla, Netscape, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail Pegasus Mail is a donationware (previously freeware), proprietary, electronic mail client that was developed and maintained by David Harris and his team. It was originally released in 1990 for MS-DOS, but was subsequently ported to Microsoft Windows. , Phoenix MmL Opera, Thunderbird thunderbird
In North American Indian mythology, a powerful spirit in the form of a bird that watered the earth and made vegetation grow. Lightning was believed to flash from its eyes or beak, and the beating of its wings was thought to represent rolling thunder. and web-based email Web-based email or webmail is a term referring to an e-mail service intended to be primarily accessed via a web browser, as opposed to through an application such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, Mozilla's Thunderbird or Apple's Mail. services.
* Steganos AntiDialer 2006: protecting against premium rate dialers Steganos AntiDialer 2006 protects computers against premium rate phone connections which malicious software can initiate. To avoid the user getting a nasty shock when the phone bill arrives, Steganos AntiDialer provides a firewall for the phone connection that can be used to contml which connections are allowed. The software can scan the computer for dialers and quarantine quarantine (kwŏr`əntēn), isolation of persons, animals, places, and effects that carry or are suspected of harboring communicable disease. suspect programs.