International Law Section to host events in Cancun.The International Bar Association will host its Business Law International Conference in Cancun, Mexico, from October 28 to November 2.
The event, this year's largest gathering of international lawyers, is open to all practitioners, regardless of whether or not they are current members of the IBA IBA
International Bar Association
IBA (in Britain) Independent Broadcasting Authority
IBA n abbr (Brit) (= Independent Broadcasting Authority .
"The IBA is the only organization that offers lawyers an understanding of developments in the law around the world," says New York-based Kevin Arquit. "Without that knowledge it will become increasingly difficult to practice in today's legal environment. As a U.S. lawyer with a recently merged global firm, I cannot emphasize enough the value of attending an IBA Conference."
The association has included in its conference program a mixture of both professional and practice management issues which aim to assist participants with their day-to-day working lives and the successful development of their practices. More than 100 interactive working sessions have been planned for the 2,500 delegates expected to attend the conference, with some 700 speakers leading discussion on topical legal issues.
Sessions will include:
* International v. Multinational: the evolution in the international strategy of law firms This list of the world's largest law firms by revenue is taken from The Lawyer and The American Lawyer and is ordered by 2006 revenue:
* Multijurisdictional enforcement of securities.
* The role of antitrust Antitrust
The antitrust laws apply to virtually all industries and to every level of business, including manufacturing, transportation, distribution, and marketing. They prohibit a variety of practices that restrain trade. in international trading systems The introduction to this article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject matter.
Please help [ improve the introduction] to meet Wikipedia's layout standards. You can discuss the issue on the talk page.
* Confidentiality and privilege in international arbitration International arbitration is the established method today for resolving disputes between parties to international commercial agreements. As with arbitration generally, it is a creature of contract, i.e. .
* Environmental, health and safety liabilities of parent companies and subsidiaries.
* Sanctions Sanctions is the plural of sanction. Depending on context, a sanction can be either a punishment or a permission. The word is a contronym.
Sanctions involving countries:
* Using trade negotiations to open markets for mutual funds.
* Electricity restructurings in the newer markets.
* Digital distribution of film, music, images, and other works.
* Impact of e-sales on intra-brand supply and distribution networks.
* E-issuing and trading in securities.
The conference will also operate a drop-in clinic covering all aspects of practice management and the IBA has scheduled a session dedicated to small or solo practice solo practice Medical practice by a single physician–a solo practioner, usually understood to mean a nonspecialist. See Private practice; Cf Group practice. management issues.
The Florida Bar's International Law Section is hosting a reception in Cancun for the International Bar Association on Thursday evening and is presenting a three-hour showcase on Friday at the IBA Meeting. Registration is available for the entire program or the two events with The Florida Bar The Florida Bar is the mandatory state bar association for the state of Florida. It is the third largest such bar association in the United States. Its duties include the regulation and discipline of attorneys. and the IBA.
For further information visit the IBA website -- www.ibanet.org. The site lists details of all forthcoming IBA conferences, including program and registration information. Papers can be downloaded and the site also offers an online registration facility.
To request a printed program by mail, contact Lisa Campbell, International Bar Association, 271 Regent Street
Regent Street is a major shopping street and thoroughfare in London's West End. , London W1B 2AQ, England. Tel: +44 (0)20 7629 1206; Fax: +44 (0)20 7409 0456; e-mail: email@example.com.
Established in 1947, the IBA, which includes among its members the American Bar Association American Bar Association (ABA), voluntary organization of lawyers admitted to the bar of any state. Founded (1878) largely through the efforts of the Connecticut Bar Association, it is devoted to improving the administration of justice, seeking uniformity of law , is the world's largest organization of law societies, bar associations, and individual practitioners, who together represent the interests of more than 2.5 million lawyers worldwide.
The association contains some 57 specialist committees covering a vast range of legal subject matter of relevance to lawyers in each and every jurisdiction, and houses various for a and working groups, focusing either on developing regions -- such as Latin American and the Asia Pacific -- or key topics like capital markets.