Inspiration Software Recognizes 30 Educators From Around the World With 2007 Inspired Teacher Scholarships for Visual Learning.
Educators Receive Awards to Support Using Visual Learning Across the Curriculum and Build Student Critical Thinking Skills
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Inspiration Software([R]) today announced the 30 educators from around the world who will receive 2007 Inspired Teacher Scholarships for Visual Learning. In its ninth consecutive year, the scholarship program supports technology purchases and professional development activities for educators who champion the integration of visual learning and technology into the curriculum. Scholarship recipients use the $750 scholarships for classroom technology purchases and a wide range of professional development activities, including attendance at a conference, training event or professional education course where visual learning is a key topic.
This year's successful applicants included technology coordinators; special education facilitators; college and university faculty members; and elementary, middle and high school teachers. Mirroring the worldwide growth of the use of visual learning instructional strategies, scholarship recipients were chosen from throughout the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. as well as from Estonia, the Philippines, Lebanon, Mexico, the United Kingdom and New Zealand New Zealand (zē`lənd), island country (2005 est. pop. 4,035,000), 104,454 sq mi (270,534 sq km), in the S Pacific Ocean, over 1,000 mi (1,600 km) SE of Australia. The capital is Wellington; the largest city and leading port is Auckland. . In addition to the Inspired Teacher Scholarships for Visual Learning awards, 2007 recipients were honored in Best Projects and Rookie Award categories.
"As we reviewed this year's Inspired Teacher Scholarships for Visual Learning applications, we were amazed at the many innovative ways that teachers around the world are using the power of visual learning to help students build the thinking skills necessary to achieve at the highest levels and become successful, contributing members of our 21st century society," said Mona Westhaver, president and co-founder, Inspiration Software. "We are proud to honor these outstanding educators and know they will use the benefits of their scholarships to inspire other educators to use visual learning instructional strategies in their classrooms."
For the first year, three educators were awarded scholarships for "Best Projects." Teachers who win the Best Project awards can use the $750 to purchase hardware or software for their classrooms or schools.
John Minelli, Hartford Memorial Middle School, White River Junction, Vt., was honored for the Best Project using Inspiration([R]), the essential tool for students in grades 6 to adult to visualize, think, organize and learn. Under Minelli's leadership as technology specialist, sixth graders used Inspiration to plan and develop a presentation to help rising fifth graders make the transition to middle school.
Judy Ezra, St. Andrew's Priory School Priory School may refer to: Schools in England
“Honolulu” redirects here. For other uses, see Honolulu (disambiguation).
Honolulu is the capital as well as the most populous community of the State of Hawaii, United States. , was recognized for the Best Project using Kidspiration([R]), visual learning software for K-5 learners. Her third grade students used Kidspiration to brainstorm and plan the school's first podcast about ancient Egyptians This is a list of ancient Egyptian people who have articles on Wikipedia. A
Will Bohrnsen, Groves Academy, St. Louis 'Academy (also called Sherman Park) is a neighborhood in North St. Louis, just outside Central West End. The neighborhood has a number of schools and churches, as well as other organizations. Park, Minn., earned a scholarship for the Best Project using InspireData([TM]), the new tool to visualize, investigate and understand data. High school juniors and seniors in Bohrnsen's project-based science classes used InspireData to analyze data gathered from collected samples of water and invertebrate invertebrate (ĭn'vûr`təbrət, –brāt'), any animal lacking a backbone. The invertebrates include the tunicates and lancelets of phylum Chordata, as well as all animal phyla other than Chordata. life from several Minnesotan lakes and streams.
This year 22 individuals received Inspired Teacher Scholarships for Visual Learning, honoring them for championing the use of visual learning and technology to support instruction. The 2007 scholarship recipients and short descriptions of the innovative ways they use visual learning to enhance teaching and learning follow:
* Robin Bartoletti, Northeastern State University NSU offers 69 undergraduate degrees, 18 graduate degrees, and 13 preprofessional programs in five colleges (Business & Technology, Liberal Arts, Education, Optometry, and Health & Science Professions). The student-to-faculty ratio is 26 to 1. , Broken Arrow Broken Arrow
a series depicting Indian–white man exploits. [TV: Terrace, I, 122]
See : Wild West
(communications) broken arrow - The error code displayed on line 25 of a IBM 3270 terminal (or a terminal emulator emulating a 3270) for , Okla.
* Jennifer Blair, West Memorial Junior High in Katy, Texas Katy is a city located in the U.S. state of Texas within the Houston–Sugar Land–Baytown metropolitan area. The city is located partially in the counties of Fort Bend, Waller, and Harris. As of the 2000 U.S. Census, Katy's population was 11,775.
* Jane Bratton, Ringgold Elementary School, Clarksville, Tenn.
* Jennifer Creason, Lewis Elementary School, Excelsior Springs, Mo.
* Mark Ellis, Newent Community School, Newent, United Kingdom
* Soraya Faculo, Cordillera Regional Science High School Cordillera Regional Science High School (CRSHS) is a school found in Rosales, Pangasinan, Philippines. External links
* Grant Gerald, Franklinton High School This article is about a high school in Louisiana. For a high school in North Carolina, see Franklinton High School (North Carolina).
Franklinton High School is a public high school in Franklinton, Louisiana. The current principal is Beverly Young. , Franklinton, La.
* Lina Halabi, American Community School The American Community School is an international school in Amman, the capital of Jordan. It is an independent, coeducational day school which offers an American educational program from preschool (3 years old) through grade 12 for students of all nationalities. at Beirut, Lebanon
* Virginia Irvin, Joe Walker Middle School, Lancaster, Calif.
* Katie Knapp, Windsor Oaks Elementary School, Virginia Beach, Va.
* Lisa Kosin, Westmont Junior High in Westmont, Ill.
* Ingrid Maadvere, Lasnamae Kindergarten Elementary School, Tallinn, Estonia
* Michelle Moore, Park International Baccalaureate Magnet School, Hot Springs, Ark.
* Jock Murley, Otago Girls High School, Dunedin, New Zealand
* Kay Panamarenko, Academy @ Hays Trail, Buda, Texas
* Rebecca Riberich, McMurray Elementary School, McMurray, Pa.
* Gina Roughton, Cambridgeport School, Cambridge, Mass.
* Andrea Salerno, Holy Rosary Catholic School, Rosenberg, Texas
* Aldo Anzures Tapia, Cuicuilco Primary School, Mexico City, Mexico
* Jean Van Vliet, St. Thomas the Apostle St Thomas the Apostle, Judas Thomas or Didymus, was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus. The Synoptic Gospels and Acts list this "twin" (Toma means twin in Aramaic, as does Didymus School, Bloomfield, N.J.
* Eileen Watson, Rosarian ro·sar·i·an
A person with expertise or a special interest in the cultivation of roses. Academy, West Palm Beach, Fla.
* David Williams, Burford School, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
For the third year, the scholarship program also recognized five educators who are new to visual learning, and demonstrate a desire and capacity to learn and apply visual learning techniques in their classrooms, with Inspired Teacher Scholarship Rookie Awards. The 2007 Inspired Teacher Scholarship Rookie Award recipients are:
* Paulina Lecanda Alvarez, Escuela Primaria, Mexico City, Mexico
* Michele Futch, Blountstown Middle School, Blountstown, Fla.
* Joe Green, Pope High School Alan C. Pope High School is a public high school located north of Atlanta in Marietta, Georgia. The school was founded in 1987 and serves approximately 1,856 students in the Cobb County area. , Marietta, Ga.
* Telannia Norfar, ASTEC ASTEC Australian Science and Technology Council
ASTEC Applied Software Technology
ASTEC Analysis of the Scientific and Technical Evaluation (European Union)
ASTEC Advanced Satellite Technology and EHF Communications Charter High School, Oklahoma City, Okla.
* Brian Stamford, Gateway School District, Monroeville, Pa.
Educators from K-12 schools, colleges and universities are eligible to apply for the Inspired Teacher Scholarships for Visual Learning. A minimum of one year of service is required, and applicants must demonstrate that they have direct contact with students. Inspiration Software has awarded scholarships to more than 180 educators over the past nine years.
The 2008 Inspired Teacher Scholarships for Visual Learning program will be announced in July, and applications will be available in September. For more information, visit Inspiration Software's Web site at www.inspiration.com.
About Inspiration Software, Inc.
Recognized as the leader in visual thinking and learning, Inspiration Software, Inc.'s award-winning software tools, Inspiration, Kidspiration and InspireData, are based on proven visual learning methodologies that help students think, learn and achieve. With the powerful combination of visual learning and technology, students in grades K-12 learn to clarify thoughts, organize and analyze information, integrate new knowledge and think critically. Founded 25 years ago by Donald Helfgott and Mona Westhaver, today the company's visual learning software tools are used by more than 25 million students and teachers worldwide.
[c]2007 Inspiration Software[R], Inc. All rights reserved. Inspiration[R], Inspiration Software[R] and Kidspiration[R] are registered trademarks, and InspireData[TM] is a trademark of Inspiration Software, Inc. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.