Indigestion and Its Treatment
Indigestion is called as Agnimandya in Ayurveda. In fact, indigestion is not a disease in itself, but it is a manifestation of some problem with the gastrointestinal tract. The agni is responsible for the proper digestion of food in the body.Indigestion is called as Agnimandya in Ayurveda. In fact, indigestion is not a disease in itself, but it is a manifestation of some problem with the gastrointestinal tract. The agni is responsible for the proper digestion of food in the body. When there is an imbalance of the agni ? which means digestive fire ? then the digestion process is disrupted. This is when indigestion occurs. Agni can be vitiated due to several reasons.
Tension, worry, anger can also lead to indigestion. The preventive measures for indigestion are taking only easy to digest food, avoiding too cold food items and not eating too soon. Staying away from causes of stress also is another thing you must keep in mind.
1. Drink the whole glass of water, and follow it with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of baking soda, and half a glass of water. Be careful though, if you have high blood pressure or are pregnant,
this can cause water retention or increase your blood pressure.
2. Chamomile is a stomach dressing. Chamomile is antiseptic and has a calming effect. Make yourself an infusion from 3 dry flowers and a 200g mug of hot water. Leave it for 15-20 minutes, covered, and then filter it. Drink 2-3 mugs a day.
3. The cardinal remedy for dyspepsia is light food; it would be matter if the patient takes to fasting for 24 hours and then takes to easily digestible, natural food. Fats and condiments must be avoided. Bland food, mostly vegetables cooked in water, juicy fruits and buttermilk (churned curd with water added) should be taken.
4. Stir a teaspoon of cumin seed powder in a glass of water. Add chopped coriander leaves or its juice. Drink it two times a day.
5. Vinegar has natural enzymes in them that will actually calm the acid in your stomach and avoid this problem.
6. Application of heat through hot compresses or a hot water bottle to be abdomen for 15 to 20 minutes twice in the day, either on an empty stomach or two or three hours after meals, can activate your digestive processes. The procedure could be alternated with cold compresses, applied for a minute or so in between hot compresses, could accelerate the pace of recovery.
7. Belleric myrobalan is the extremely potent component of Triphala choorna, which is known as bahera. This is a wonderful carminative. It solves problems of diarrhea and indigestion. It can also be taken in case of intestinal worms, which could be a reason for indigestion.
8. A pinch of baking soda in a glass of water can suppress the symptoms of indigestion.
9. Mix 2 pinches of rock salt and 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain). Chew it and wash it down with water for stomach trouble or indigestion,
10. Make a mixture of 5-6 chopped basil (tulsi) leaves, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and some black pepper in 3 tbsp of curd, and then eat it. Repeat this 4 times a day for one week for total reconditioning of stomach.