Indian Power Sector Analysis Reveals the Need for More Balanced Growth as Only 56% of Indian Households Have Access to Electricity.
"Indian Power Sector Analysis" focuses on the growing marketplace for power sector in India. It thoroughly investigates the current market trends, evolving markets, and growth prospects for the Indian power industry. It will help the client to analyze the driving forces and leading-edge opportunities critical to the success of the power industry.
The research study analyzes the prevailing scenario in the Indian power sector along with the existing policy and regulatory framework. It tracks the growth and performance of the Indian power sector, the ongoing reform initiatives and offers statistical updates on power generation, transmission and distribution, along with a rational future forecast.
* More than 64% of India's total installed capacity is contributed by thermal power. Significant jump in unit size and steam parameters will result in higher efficiencies and better economics for the Indian power sector.
* Western region accounts for largest share (30.09%) of the installed power in India followed by Southern region with 27.76%.
* Unbalanced growth remains the cause of concern for the Indian power sector. Only about 56% of households have access to electricity, with the rural access being 44% and urban access about 82%.
* Southern region remains the dominant region in renewable energy source accounting for more than 57% of the total renewable energy installed capacity.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed:
* Where does the Indian power industry stand vis-a-vis developing countries?
* What is the outlook of the Indian power industry's transmission and distribution?
* What is the scenario of the industry at state level?
* What are driving forces and challenges being faced by industry?
* What opportunities exist in the industry?
* Information Sources
Information in this report has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to over 3000 paid databases.
* Analysis Method
Analysis methods used include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.
Key Topics Covered: - Analyst View - Focus on India - India Power - Unexplored Opportunities - Power Sector - India vs. Developing Countries - Indian Power Sector - Industry Performance - Challenges - Power Sector Regulatory Framework - Key Players - List of Tables - List of Figures Companies Mentioned: - National Thermal Power Corporation Limited - Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited - National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited - Damodar Valley Corporation - Power Grid Corporation of India - Power Distribution - Reliance Infrastructure Limited - Tata Power
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/891ade/indian_power_secto
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jun 26, 2008|
|Previous Article:||The Indian Tourism Industry Expects to See an Influx of 10 Million International Tourists by 2010.|
|Next Article:||Philippines Banking Sector Analysis, Including Future Forecasts and Current Growth Opportunities.|