Indexing Stack Mold Speeds Overmolding Jobs.
A new rotary indexing stack mold promises higher outputs in two-component molding. The new mold technology was developed in Germany by Ferromatik Milacron Maschinenbau and toolmaker Foboha GmbH. It is offered here by Ferromatik Milacron Europe, Batavia, Ohio Batavia is a village in Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,617 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Clermont CountyGR6. Geography
Batavia is located at (39.077332, -84. . The design replaces the center platen A long, thin cylinder in a typewriter or printer that guides the paper through it and serves as a backstop for the printing mechanism to bang into. It is typically made of a hard rubber or rubber-like material. See carriage and typewriter. of a conventional stack mold with a rotating ro·tate
v. ro·tat·ed, ro·tat·ing, ro·tates
1. To turn around on an axis or center.
2. cube that has four mold faces. Each time the clamp clamp (klamp) a surgical device for compressing a part or structure.
rubber dam clamp a metallic device used to retain the dam on a tooth.
n. opens, the hydraulic-powered cube turns 90[degrees] on its center vertical axis in 1.3 sec. One material is injected in·ject·ed
1. Of or relating to a substance introduced into the body.
2. Of or relating to a blood vessel that is visibly distended with blood.
1. introduced by injection.
2. congested. in the first station. The second station can be used for additional cooling or insert loading, At the third station, the second color or material is injected by a barrel mounted perpendicular to the machine axis. The fourth station permits part removal while the clamp is closed.
Compared with conventional overmolding using a cavity plate that turns 180[degrees] between two injection positions, the stack-mold technique cuts clamp-force requirements by almost 50% and accommodates twice as many cavities. The two extra stations can also reduce total cycle times. Foboha has built 30 indexing molds for automotive parts and containers.