ITT Technical Institute Incorporates Autodesk Crisis Command Software Into Its Criminal Justice Program Curriculum Nationwide.
Using Autodesk Technology, First Responder first responder First response personnel Emergency medicine A person employed in the public sector–EMT, fire fighter, police, volunteer EMS–whose duties include provision of immediate medical care in the event of an emergency; FRs have basic emergency Trainees Learn How to Prevent, Plan for and Respond to Emergency Incidents
SAN RAFAEL San Rafael (săn rəfĕl`), residential city (1990 pop. 48,404), seat of Marin co., W Calif., a suburb of San Francisco on the northern shore of San Francisco Bay; inc. 1913. , Calif., June 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Autodesk, Inc. today announced that the ITT Technical Institute ITT Technical Institute (often shortened to ITT Tech) is a private, for-profit, technical institute with over 85 campuses in over 30 states of the United States. It was founded in 1946 as Educational Services, Inc. and has been headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, since 1969. , a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study, has incorporated Autodesk Crisis Command 2 software in several of its School of Criminal Justice courses. ITT ITT Initial Teacher Training (UK)
ITT I Think That
ITT Invitation To Tender
ITT Individual Time Trial (professional cycling)
ITT In This Thread (forums) Educational Services operates over 85 Institutes in 34 states nationwide. Its Criminal Justice courses explore emergency preparedness pre·par·ed·ness
The state of being prepared, especially military readiness for combat.
Noun 1. preparedness - the state of having been made ready or prepared for use or action (especially military action); "putting them and crisis response, training students (including fire and police first responders, emergency management personnel and municipal IT managers) on specific measures for preventing, planning for and responding to emergency incidents. Autodesk Crisis Command 2 software provides tactical and strategic capabilities to first responders, allowing them to create, manage and share mission-critical information throughout an emergency response cycle. It also includes functionality for incident reporting and notification, administration, critical asset tracking, workflow and time reports, landmark and resource information, dynamic 3D visualization Using the computer to convert data into picture form. The most basic visualization is that of turning transaction data and summary information into charts and graphs. Visualization is used in computer-aided design (CAD) to render screen images into 3D models that can be viewed from all and more. Using Autodesk Crisis Command 2, ITT trainees acquire practical skills they can put to immediate use in the workplace to save lives and property.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050415/SFF034LOGO )
"The ITT Technical Institute is reaching out to emergency professionals, fire/police first responders, any agency or municipality personnel called into action during a crisis, with the latest technology tools from Autodesk to help them learn how to effectively prepare for, respond to and manage homeland security and other disasters," said Jon Hansen, assistant fire chief (retired) Oklahoma City Oklahoma City (1990 pop. 444,719), state capital, and seat of Oklahoma co., central Okla., on the North Canadian River; inc. 1890. The state's largest city, it is an important livestock market, a wholesale, distribution, industrial, and financial center, and a farm Fire and Rescue, and Autodesk manager of emergency response solutions. "ITT is the first college system nationwide to deliver criminal justice courses that integrate real-life emergency response software tools and the Internet to teach students truly useful methods to make well-informed decisions when responding to an emergency."
"It is my belief that what is driving the criminal justice field today and in the future, is a convergence of human intelligence, communication and technology. In line with our strategy to offer a criminal justice program based on this convergence, we worked with Autodesk Consulting to develop a customized teaching curriculum and learning activities based on Autodesk Crisis Command software," said Fawzi Ben Messaoud, corporate curriculum manager of ITT Educational Services, Inc. "Our students are not only learning the concepts of criminal justice but also how to use technology to respond to emergency incidents and act decisively to save lives and property. These are immensely useful skills that students can bring with them to the workplace. We are excited to be the first to roll out such relevant and practical courses to our institutes nationwide."
Autodesk Custom Curriculum for Emergency Preparedness
ITT Technical Institute worked with Autodesk Consulting to create a custom-tailored curriculum based on Autodesk Crisis Command 2 for several courses in the ITT Educational Services Criminal Justice Program, including:
-- Essentials of Security -- Emergency Procedures -- Homeland Security
The flexibility inherent in Autodesk Crisis Command 2 allowed Autodesk Consulting to easily extend the application to support additional aspects such as victim and evidence locations from either the exterior (city map) or interior (floor plan) perspectives. This extended the usability How easy something is to use. Both software and Web sites can be tested for usability. Considering how difficult applications are to use and Web sites are to navigate, one would wish that more designers took this seriously. See user interface and usability lab. of the application for ITT Criminal Justice students beyond first responders to include crime investigators.
The curriculum includes a web-based system for ITT instructors to define planning exercises for ITT students, and a web-based tool for trainees to prepare Incident Action Plans and manage a scenario crisis. After the initial setup See BIOS setup and install program. and deployment of the application, Autodesk Consulting is now hosting and providing 24x7 technical support. ITT is currently offering its criminal justice program at 53 campuses and plans are underway to roll out this program to all the remaining ITT technical institutes nationwide. For more information on ITT Technical Institutes' Criminal Justice courses, visit http://www.itt-tech.edu/ .
Emergency Procedures, City Maps, Floor Plans, Field Reports and Incident Tracking
Autodesk's solutions for emergency response are comprised of technology and tools that help emergency professionals save lives and property, as well as save money, shorten response time, and effectively prepare for, respond to and manage disasters. Crisis Command 2 is built using Autodesk's proven web-enabling solution, Autodesk MapGuide software, and is intended for situations where Web access is available to deliver the most up-to-date information to the field when responding to a crisis. Crisis Command 2 provides includes functionality for:
-- Incident reporting and notification to quickly notify managers and authorities -- Critical asset tracking to develop mitigation plans and facilitate federal relief grants -- Work orders and time reports to effectively manage and track assigned tasks -- Landmark and resource information (hospitals, shelters, etc.) to pinpoint incident and emergency response locations -- Fire attack preplanning; Fire-flow and bomb-blast analysis to calculate water requirements, visualize affected areas and determine evacuation danger zones -- Dynamic 3D visualization to replicate urban topographies and aid decision making -- Administration, command and control tools to secure data, authorize users and manage an emergency.
For more details and an online demo, visit http://www.autodesk.com/emergency-response .
Emergency Preparedness Critical for Municipalities and Response Agencies
Fueled by recent natural disasters and public security incidents, emergency preparedness has become critical for local and state municipalities and federal response agencies. Cities such as Sheboygan, Wisconsin, are centralizing cen·tral·ize
v. cen·tral·ized, cen·tral·iz·ing, cen·tral·iz·es
1. To draw into or toward a center; consolidate.
2. , updating and leveraging infrastructure data and resources from their public safety and planning departments to provide first responders with near real-time access to the information they need to save lives. With the help of the latest CAD, GIS (1) (Geographic Information System) An information system that deals with spatial information. Often called "mapping software," it links attributes and characteristics of an area to its geographic location. and emergency response planning software from Autodesk, trainees learn practical skills to implement in their occupations as fire/police first responders, crime investigators, federal relief agents, emergency management personnel and municipal IT managers.
Autodesk Consulting Adds Value and Customization
ITT partnered with Autodesk Consulting to design course-specific learning activities and hands-on applications based on Autodesk Crisis Command 2 software. Autodesk Consulting offers services that can help streamline business processes and help customers get the best possible return on their investment in Autodesk technology. For more information about Autodesk Consulting and customized software solutions for emergency response preparedness, visit http://www.autodesk.com/consulting .
Autodesk, Inc., is a Fortune 1000 company, wholly focused on ensuring that great ideas are turned into reality. With seven million users, Autodesk is the world's leading software and services company for the manufacturing, infrastructure, building, media and entertainment, and wireless data services fields. Autodesk's solutions help customers create, manage and share their data and digital assets more effectively. As a result, customers turn ideas into competitive advantage, become more productive, streamline project efficiency and maximize profits.
Founded in 1982, Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, California San Rafael (IPA: /ˌsænrəˈfɛl/; originally IPA: [sɑn rɑfeˈɛl]), is the county seat of Marin County, California, United States. . For additional information about Autodesk, please visit http://www.autodesk.com/.
About ITT Technical Institutes
ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. It operates over 85 ITT Technical Institutes in 34 states which predominantly pre·dom·i·nant
1. Having greatest ascendancy, importance, influence, authority, or force. See Synonyms at dominant.
2. provide career-focused, degree programs to approximately 40,000 students. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana Carmel (IPA: [ˈkɑɹ.ml̩]) is a city in Hamilton County, Indiana, United States. The population was 37,733 at the 2000 census but has been growing very rapidly. , it has been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. since 1969. The five schools at the ITT Technical Institutes [School of Information Technology, School of Drafting and Design, School of Electronics Technology, School of Business, and School of Criminal Justice] teach skills and knowledge that can be used to begin careers in our global technology-driven culture. Most ITT Technical Institute programs of study blend traditional academic content with applied learning concepts, with a significant portion devoted to practical study in a lab environment. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. U.S. Department of Education data, all of the ITT Technical Institutes combined granted the largest percentage of the total number of associate and bachelor degrees awarded in the United States in electronics and electronics-related programs in the 2000-2001 school year (the latest year for which statistics are available). All of the ITT Technical Institutes combined also granted the largest share of the total number of associate's and bachelor's degrees awarded in the United States in drafting programs during the same period.
Autodesk and Autodesk MapGuide are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., in the USA and/or other countries. ITT is a registered mark of and is used under license granted by ITT Manufacturing Enterprises, Inc. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Contact: Alan Dunton, Fleishman-Hillard, 415-318-4141
CONTACT: Alan Dunton of Fleishman-Hillard for Autodesk, +1-415-318-4141, email@example.com
Web site: http://www.autodesk.com/ http://www.autodesk.com/consulting http://www.autodesk.com/emergency-response http://www.itt-tech.edu/