IT news and products; Sybase delivers Data Integration Suite 1.0.Sybase, Inc. have announced the general availability of the Sybase Data Integration Suite 1.0, a flexible and scalable solution that combines essential data integration techniques including replication In database management, the ability to keep distributed databases synchronized by routinely copying the entire database or subsets of the database to other servers in the network.
There are various replication methods. , federation, real-time events and unstructured data Data that does not reside in fixed locations. Free-form text in a word processing document is a typical example. Contrast with structured data. See free-form database. search with integrated modeling, metadata (1) (meta-data) Data that describes other data. The term may refer to detailed compilations such as data dictionaries and repositories that provide a substantial amount of information about each data element. , development and administration.
The Sybase Data Integration Suite 1.0 builds on Sybase's substantial experience in data management and data integration to give customers a more flexible way to get the right data to the right people at the right time.
Streamlining data integration techniques into a single out-of-the box solution provides a faster, less complex way to respond to business changes. The suite provides access to diverse data, regardless of format or location, through heterogeneous Not the same. Contrast with homogeneous.
heterogeneous - Composed of unrelated parts, different in kind.
Often used in the context of distributed systems that may be running different operating systems or network protocols (a heterogeneous network). support of multiple databases, applications and legacy systems. "Enterprises continue to need more, better, and faster business intelligence data to drive key decisions and that data needs to be flexibly obtained from across the organisation," said Carl Olofson, research vice president covering information management and data integration software at IDC. "Users often employ a combination of products to transform, move and combine data for such purposes, but the preferred approach involves a single product that provides a variety of heterogeneous data integration techniques with a common metadata and development environment. Sybase had leveraged their extensive experience and expertise in data movement and integration to offer the Sybase Data Integration Suite as just such a product."
Available individually or in combination, the components in Sybase Data Integration Suite 1.0, have all been stress-tested in the most demanding environments.
The components include:
* Sybase Replication: Replication ensures all applications, including real-time reporting systems that need to capture, extract and synchronize See synchronization. data between various applications and locations, have reliable access to the most current information across the enterprise.
* Sybase Data Federation: Data Federation streamlines the integration of data from many distributed sources while providing standardized standardized
pertaining to data that have been submitted to standardization procedures.
standardized morbidity rate
see morbidity rate.
standardized mortality rate
see mortality rate. access to integrated views of data through a single data layer. It provides a flexible, scalable and efficient way to integrate and deliver data obtained from diverse distributed sources to key enterprise applications. These functions include corporate performance, integrated customer service, customer relationship management, risk management, regulatory compliance and financial reporting applications that require fresh data consolidated from multiple parts of the organisation.
* Sybase Real Time Events--Sybase Real Time Events proactively pushes time-critical events from heterogeneous operational databases to messaging architectures, eliminating the "information lags" created by batch updates or intermittent intermittent /in·ter·mit·tent/ (-mit´ent) marked by alternating periods of activity and inactivity.
1. Stopping and starting at intervals.
2. polling processes. Sybase Real Time Events enables downstream From the provider to the customer. Downloading files and Web pages from the Internet is the downstream side. The upstream is from the customer to the provider (requesting a Web page, sending e-mail, etc.). business processes to immediately react to changes thereby increasing business agility.
* Sybase Search--Sybase Search helps companies in data intensive industries query and analyze their structured and unstructured data from both fixed and mobile sources. Sybase Search enables applications to automatically find the most important information within the masses of unstructured information stored in an organisation's centralised Adj. 1. centralised - drawn toward a center or brought under the control of a central authority; "centralized control of emergency relief efforts"; "centralized government"
centralized repositories While acknowledging services such as [ROAR: ] and [OpenDOAR: ] it is perhaps necessary to provide a list of individual repositories described in more detail within wikipedia here. , libraries, file systems and existing document management systems.