Printer Friendly

INTERCOASTAL PIPE LINE SPONSORS FILE PROJECT AT NEB

 HOUSTON, July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- The Coastal Corporation announced today that its subsidiary, ANR Pipeline Company, and Interprovincial Pipe Line System Inc. (NASDAQ-NMS: IPPIF), have applied to the National Energy Board of Canada for approval to proceed with the proposed InterCoastal Pipe Line.
 The project involves converting 130 miles of one of Interprovincial's existing 20-inch-diameter crude oil pipelines to natural gas service and the construction of two new pipelines totaling 26 miles.
 ANR will file in the near future with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for authority to construct a related 12-mile lateral pipeline to connect the InterCoastal line to ANR's existing underground storage and pipeline facilities in St. Clair County, Mich.
 The InterCoastal Pipe Line, costing approximately $37 million (U.S.), will extend from the international border near Sarnia, Ontario, to an interconnection near Toronto. The Consumers' Gas Company, Ltd., based in Toronto, will be a primary customer.
 InterCoastal will give shippers access to every major producing basin in both the United States and Canada, as well as access to storage facilities in both countries.
 "This filing marks a major step forward for a project that will help create a truly North American natural gas market," said James R. Paul, president and chief executive officer of The Coastal Corporation.
 Scheduled to be in service by November 1994, the InterCoastal system will have an initial capacity of 133 million cubic feet of gas per day (MMcf/d), rising to 175 MMcf/d in 1996.
 InterCoastal is a proposed joint venture of the Interprovincial Pipe Line System Inc., which expects to hold an 80 percent equity interest and will manage the new system, and ANR Pipeline Company, which plans to own the remaining 20 percent.
 Interprovincial Pipe Line System Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Interprovincial Pipe Line Inc., Interprovincial Pipe Line (NW) Ltd. and Lakehead Pipeline Company, Inc., operates the world's longest petroleum pipeline system extending more than 2,300 miles through Canada and the United States. Interprovincial has corporate assets of $1.6 billion and a work force of over 1,100 employees.
 The Coastal Corporation (NYSE: CGP) is a Houston-based energy holding company. Coastal has consolidated assets exceeding $10 billion and subsidiary operations in natural gas marketing, transmission and storage, refining and marketing, oil and gas exploration and production, coal, chemicals, trucking and independent power production.
 -0- 7/8/93
 /CONTACT: Marian Droll of ANR Pipeline, 313-496-3756; or Frank Ternan of Interprovincial Pipe Line, 403-420-8471/
 (CGP IPPI)


CO: ANR Pipeline; Interprovincial Pipe Line ST: Texas, Michigan IN: OIL SU:

KE -- DE023 -- 9630 07/08/93 15:56 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Jul 8, 1993
Words:429
Previous Article:CHRYSLER REPORTS U.S. AND CANADIAN ASSEMBLY PLANT SCHEDULE FOR WEEK ENDING JULY 16
Next Article:GALLAGHER ORDERS HALT TO HOMEOWNERS INSURER'S NON-RENEWAL PLAN
Topics:


Related Articles
TEXAS EASTERN TRANSMISSION CORPORATION FILES TO EXPAND NATURAL GAS DELIVERIES TO THE NORTHEAST
ANR PIPELINE AND INTERPROVINCIAL MOVE FORWARD ON INTERCOASTAL PIPE LINE
INTERPROVINCIAL AND ANR PIPELINE MOVE FORWARD ON NEW GAS TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
TRANSCANADA REVISES ITS 1994/95 FACILITIES APPLICATION
APPROVAL SOUGHT FOR INTERCOASTAL PIPE LINE
ANR LINK TO INTERCOASTAL HOLDS OPEN SEASON
U.S., Canada pipeline work shows gain in 1994.
LIBERTY PARTNERS PUT PIPELINE ON HOLD
Transco Files Pocono Expansion Project With the FERC
Canada-U.S. Pipeline Planned.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters