IGN Entertainment and Eidos Enter Multi-Title Digital Distribution Agreement; IGN's Direct2Drive Download-Only Retail Site to Offer 10 Eidos Game Titles.BRISBANE, Calif. -- IGN IGN Ignored (Status)
IGN Institut Geographique National
IGN Instituto Geografico Nacional (Spain)
IGN Imagine Games Network
IGN In-Game Name (gaming) Entertainment, a leading Internet media company serving the video game and entertainment enthusiast markets, and Eidos(R) plc (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on :EIDSY), one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, announced today that they have signed a multi-title North American North American
named after North America.
North American blastomycosis
see North American blastomycosis.
North American cattle tick
see boophilusannulatus. digital rights distribution agreement. Under the agreement, IGN's Direct2Drive digital retail store will offer 10 Eidos games from the popular Deus Ex
Deus Ex (abbreviated DX and pronounced as IPA: /ˌdeɪəsˈʔɛks/, , Hitman, Thief, Tomb Raider and Commandos franchises, including Thief: Deadly Shadows and Deus Ex: Invisible War.
"The addition of these Eidos titles significantly expands our digital game selection on Direct2Drive and allows us to offer our customers the entire PC library of some of the greatest game franchises of all time," said Jamie Berger, vice president and general manager of IGN Entertainment's consumer products division. "Our audience of 18-to 34-year-old males has considerable familiarity and comfort with digital downloads and now they will be able to conveniently download an even greater selection of quality games directly to their computers."
Direct2Drive builds on the proven operational infrastructure of FilePlanet, IGN Entertainment's download site, and IGN's separate HitPoints program, which provides full digital game downloads as rewards to IGN and GameSpy subscribers.
"We view digital distribution as an obvious next step for selling PC games and feel IGN was the natural choice to be our digital distribution partner," says Paul Baldwin, vice president of marketing communications Marketing communications (or marcom) are messages and related media used to communicate with a market. Those who practice advertising, branding, direct marketing, graphic design, marketing, packaging, promotion, publicity, sponsorship, public relations, sales, sales , Eidos. "IGN has solid experience in digital downloads and has earned the trust of the game consumer. In addition, IGN has a large, built-in audience for our games, as its properties attract millions of game enthusiasts."
Game publishers interested in learning more about the distribution opportunities on Direct2Drive can contact Sutton Trout, IGN's director of digital content, at 415-508-2062, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eidos plc is one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software with a diverse mix of titles for the PC, PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo GameCube The Nintendo GameCube (GCN) is Nintendo's fourth home video game console, belonging to the sixth generation era. The system itself is the most compact and least expensive, next to the Dreamcast, of the sixth generation era consoles. (TM) and the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft. For more information on Eidos and its products visit www.eidos.com.
Direct2Drive (http://www.direct2drive.com), IGN Entertainment's digital download retail store, serves the users of IGN's popular games and entertainment sites. Collectively, these properties reached 22.8 million users worldwide(a) in the month of August, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Internet audience measurement firm, comScore Media Metrix. Direct2Drive offers game publishers a new channel to sell both their new and catalog PC game titles. The service uses the proven ActiveMARK(TM) technology from Trymedia Systems, which helps to ensure a secure transaction for both the buyer and the game publisher. As a digital-download-only store, Direct2Drive carries no physical inventory, meaning Direct2Drive can offer as many games to its customers as a publisher wishes to put on sale.
About IGN Entertainment
IGN Entertainment provides many of the Internet's leading destinations for video gaming video gaming
1. Gambling by means of interactive games of chance played on a video screen.
2. The playing of video games. , entertainment and community targeted at teens and 18-34 year-old males. The company's properties include IGN.com, GameSpy.com, Rotten Tomatoes Editing of this page by unregistered or newly registered users is currently disabled due to vandalism. , FilePlanet.com, GameSpyArcade.com, TeamXbox.com, more than 70 community sites and a vast array of online forums. IGN Entertainment is also a leading provider of technology for online game play in video games. The company's paid content, download and game play services are among the most popular game-related subscriptions available on the Internet. The privately held company privately held company
A firm whose shares are held within a relatively small circle of owners and are not traded publicly. has its headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area “Bay Area” redirects here. For other uses, see Bay Area (disambiguation).
The San Francisco Bay Area, colloquially known as the Bay Area or The Bay , with offices throughout the U.S.
IGN Entertainment, Direct2Drive, IGN.com, GameSpy, Rotten Tomatoes, FilePlanet, GameSpy Arcade, and TeamXbox are trademarks of IGN Entertainment. Other trademarks and copyrights mentioned are the properties of their respective holders.
(a) Worldwide data cited herein represent an aggregate of 32 countries reported by comScore Media Metrix on a monthly basis.