How to Fix HP Printer Cartridges
There are many reasons why an HP printer cartridge may fail to print or not print correctly If you are having printing problems, there are a number of simple things you can do to get your cartridge printing againThere are many reasons why an HP printer cartridge may fail to print or not print correctly. If you are having printing problems, there are a number of simple things you can do to get your cartridge printing again. It is important to remember that you should consult with your manufacturer?s manual for instructions because not all printer cartridges are the same.
Before you actually get into fixing the cartridge, you should check to see if everything is correctly in its place. Make sure that color cartridge and black cartridge have been installed in the right spots. This is particularly important if your HP cartridge is different than the printer. As well, pull the ink cartridge out of the printer and check to make sure the tape that is normally located on new cartridges to protect the print nozzle has been completely removed. Pat the top with a tissue to make sure there is ink coming out. If everything looks fine, you will need to see if you can fix the problem.
The following outlines how to fix your HP Printer cartridge:
1. Go to your printer''s software program if the cartridge is printing smeared or very pale text. Access the printer''s "properties" tab and look for a "maintenance" or "services" tab. Follow the procedure as instructed by your computer. Print a test page.
2. Print several multicolored pages if your test page prints all but just one color. It may be that the ink in your colored-ink cartridge has not had a chance to thoroughly mix.
3. Lift the cartridge carriage up and position it in the middle of the printer to clean the square rubber pieces with cotton swabs dabbed in warm water. Dirty printers will affect the quality of even a new HP ink cartridge. Slide a moist paper towel back and forth under the carriage to remove any dirt.
4. Dry off any excess moisture
5. Reinstall the ink cartridge
If your inkjet cartridge is dirty, you can clean it. Locate the copper colored circuit strip normally located on the back of the cartridge. Clean it with a cotton swab that has a bit warm water on it. Locate the carriage contacts on the back wall of the ink cartridge. Clean these contacts with a cotton swab with a bit of water. Dry off any left over water moisture. Reinstall your ink cartridge. It is important to make sure that all of the moisture has been removed from the ink cartridge before reinstalling.
If you think you may have a printer problem instead of an ink cartridge problem, and need help fixing it, you can do the following: check your printer manufacturer?s website for possible do-it-yourself solutions. The problem that you have may be specific to your particular printer model. There may also be a Q&A forum where you can ask a question. Check to see if your warranty is still valid. You can contact your reseller for instructions on how to return your printer for repair. If you do not have a valid warranty, contact a printer service and repair company.
Informational Source: ehow.com/fix-hp-printer-cartridges
Tons of Toner is one of the largest online retailers of brand name ink and toners, offering great deals on Brother ink, Lexmark toner, HP ink and many other popular brands to fulfill all of your printer cartridge needs.