How Do I Put Music on My Psp - A Definitive Guide!
So you finally got your new PSP I'm sure you are eager to explore it and play all your favorite gamesSo you finally got your new PSP ! I'm sure you are eager to explore it and play all your favorite games. But do you know you can do a lot more with your PSP? Apart from playing games, you can play music and movies, browse the internet and run many other programs. But to do all that you need to have some technical knowledge which unfortunately your PSP doesn't give you.
In this article I am going to tell you exactly how to put music to your PSP in simple steps.
First things first, keep in mind that your PSP will not play all the music formats. It can play only MP3 files (plus some other formats such as WAV and WMA if you have the latest firmware). In this article I'll tell how to put MP3 files to your PSP. The method to put other music files is exactly the same.
If you want to play music of any other format in your PSP; for example music from your CD; you have to convert it to one of the above formats.
You have two options in this case:
1) Convert the music files to MP3 format on your computer and then transfer them to PSP.
2) Use a CD ripper to copy music from the CD to the PSP directly.
First let's discuss how to copy music when you have your favorite music in MP3 format on your computer. Here's how to copy music to your PSP:
1) Connect your PSP to your computer via a USB cable. Your computer will immediately detect a new USB device.
2) In the "My Computer" section you should see a new drive letter. That's your PSP! Mostly it will be the last drive in "My Computer" section.
3) In "My Computer" section click on the new drive letter to see its contents. Look if it has a PSP folder and a MUSIC folder inside it.
If you can't see any folders simply create them. Create a new folder called PSP. Double click on PSP folder and create a folder called MUSIC. This is where all your music files will be stored. Don't create any other folder inside the MUSIC folder as PSP won't recognize be able to read it!
4) Locate the music files to be copied then Select and Copy them. Use the standard windows commands to do this (Click on the files to select them and then click Edit and Copy in the menu, or right click and select Copy , or press Ctrl and C together). Then select the MUSIC folder of your PSP drive and paste the files. Again use the standard windows commands (Click on Edit and Paste in the menu, or right click and select Paste o, or press Ctrl and V together)
5) When you're finished with the copying, remove the USB connection and you're done.
Now let's see how to copy music to your PSP from the CD directly.
1) Connect your PSP to your computer via a USB cable and locate (or create) the MUSIC folder as explained in steps 1-3 above.
2) You'll need a CD Ripper software to convert music. There are many CD rippers available on the internet. Download and Install one that can convert music from an Audio CD directly to PSP.
3) Load the music CD in the CD drive. Start the CD Ripper program and you'll see "Extract and Encode" button. Click on the button and it'll covert and transfer songs to your PSP. Make sure you select the PSP format. When you're finished with copying, remove the USB connection.
There you are, now your PSP is fully loaded with all your favorite songs and music albums for you to enjoy!
Do you know how the PSP fanatics get their daily dose of Unlimited PSP Games, Music & Movies. Find out by clicking the link below: Hot PSP Downloads