Hot Stone Therapy What You Need to Know
The words ?hot stone therapy? has always sounded intriguing and has always made you wonder what it is all about and why so many people are crazy about it Of course, the best way to find out is by engaging in a massage session yourselfThe words ?hot stone therapy? has always sounded intriguing and has always made you wonder what it is all about and why so many people are crazy about it. Of course, the best way to find out is by engaging in a massage session yourself. But if you are wary about doing so without knowing anything about it, here are some things you need to know about hot stone therapy.
1. A hot stone therapy is a variation of the classic Swedish massage style that incorporates the use of hot stones that are placed on key energy centers of the body such as along the spine, on the palms of the hands and between the toes. These are also used to manipulate muscles in the body to release tension and stress.
2. These hot stones, which are basalt stones rich in Iron and are able to retain heat well are effective in relieving muscular pain and regulating the energy flow within the body.
3. Hot stones come in different sizes and shapes that cater to different parts of the body. For example, a large and flat egg-shaped hot stones are for the spine while the small round ones are to be placed in between toes.
4. A therapy session usually lasts from 40 minutes to an hour and typically costs $90 to $125. It is more expensive than the regular Swedish massage because the preparation is longer and the session is more intensive.
5. Before the therapy, the hot stone therapist prepares all the massage equipment including the hot stones, which are sanitized and then heated in 120 to 150 degree water.
6. This type of massage will require nudity so that the stones can more effectively penetrate deep into the muscles. However, if you are not comfortable about being naked, you can always be partially covered with a blanket and the therapist will only expose area of the body that will be treated.
7. The therapist touches the stone first before placing on your body so you need not worry about being scalded or hurt by the heat of the stones.
8. This therapy has countless physical and mental benefits. On the physical level, it releases toxins within the body, alleviates muscular pain, improves sleep quality, regulates blood circulation and improves health conditions such as Arthritis and Fibromylagia. Mentally, it provides a thorough relaxation of the mind and spirit, leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated. It also clears your mind and enables you to make better decisions after.
9. This therapy is invented in 1993 by Mary Hannigan who calls this LaStone Therapy.
10. Finding a proficient therapist is crucial in ensuring that you have the best kind of hot stone therapy experience. To find one, you must get recommendations from friends and family or referrals from your doctor. You must also make sure that the therapist has specialized training and extensive experience on hot stone therapy as well as possesses a current city-issued permit and massage license or certification.
Even though you already know the basics of hot stone therapy theoretically, it is still best that you try and experience the wonderful benefits of this yourself.