Hospital trip for crews in chemical fire.Byline: SARAH Sarah or Sarai: see Sara.
(flourished early 2nd millennium BC) In the Hebrew scriptures, the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac. She was childless until age 90. PORTLOCK
BATTLE TO PUT OUT BLAZE IN FACTORY'S PAINT-SPRAY BOOTH
NINE Warwickshire firefighters were taken to hospital after tackling a chemical blaze at a factory.
The fire broke out in a paint spray booth at Piano Forte Supplies Plastics, in Loxley Road, Wellesbourne, shortly before 11am yesterday.
Crews from Wellesbourne and Stratford turned up and tackled the blaze before it was realised highly toxic highly toxic Occupational medicine adjective Referring to a chemical that 1. Has a median lethal dose–LD50 of ≤ 50 mg/kg when administered orally to 200-300 g albino rats 2. and flammable chemicals were involved.
Seven workers in the factory escaped unharmed.
The chemical protection unit from Atherstone and a crew from Bedworth were also called.
The fire was finally put out at 2.30pm, although crews were there until 4pm.
The nine firefighters were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure in case they had breathed in fumes.
The firefighters, four from Wellesbourne and five from Stratford, had all left hospital by 8.30pm. They did not need treatment.
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue spokesman Brian George Brian George (born July 1952, Jerusalem, Israel) is an English-Israeli character actor who typically plays guest roles for characters of Middle Eastern and South Asian descent, some more stereotypical than others. said: "We think the fire started from residue chemicals left in the paint spraying booth. The building was actually being dismantled and we think sparks from an angle-grinder ignited the booth."
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue spokesman Malcolm Tandy said: "Crews from Warwick and Stratford were first on the scene and started to put out the fire.
"It later emerged there were chemicals in the factory but at that time we did not know what they were.
"So we called out the chemical protection team.
"The firefighters were taken to hospital to be checked over."
TAKING CARE: Firefighters at Wellesbourne, where nine crew were taken to hospital after it was realised that the fire involved chemicals. None of them needed treatment and they left hospital during the evening; D18309_1. LET US SPRAY: John Gregory John Gregory may refer to: