Honda's Stock Split and the Change of Ratio of ADR to Underlying Shares.Tokyo, Japan, Apr 26, 2006 - (JCN JCN Japan Corporate News
JCN Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience
JCN Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
JCN Journal of Christian Nursing
JCN Job Control Number
JCN Journal of Child Neurology
JCN joint communications network (US DoD) Newswire) - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced that it has resolved at the meeting of the board of directors held on April 26, 2006, concerning a stock split of its shares of common stock (the "Shares") and a change of ratio of its American Depositary Receipt American Depositary Receipt (ADR)
Certificates issued by a US depository bank, representing foreign shares held by the bank, usually by a branch or correspondent in the country of issue. ("ADR ADR - Astra Digital Radio ") to Honda's underlying Shares.
Summary of Stock Split
1. Purpose of the stock split: To broaden investor base through lower Share price which is more attractive for investors and facilitate investment activities. 2. Outline of the stock split: (1) Method: A one to two stock split will be made for shareholders listed or recorded in the final register of shareholders and register of beneficial shareholders as at Friday, June 30, 2006. (2) Number of additional Shares to be issued in connection with the stock split: Number of Shares issued before the stock split: 917,414,215 shares Number of additional Shares to be issued with the stock split: 917,414,215 shares Number of Shares issued after the stock split: 1,834,828,430 shares 3. Schedule Record date: Friday, June 30, 2006 Effective date: Saturday, July 1, 2006 Date of delivery of Share certificate: Thursday, August 24, 2006 4. Dividend calculation commencement date: Saturday, April 1, 2006
1. There will be no increase in stated capital stated capital
See legal capital. in relation to the stock split of Shares. Stated capital as of April 26, 2006 is JPY JPY
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the Japanese Yen.
The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion. 86,067,161,855.
2. At the board of directors' meeting, it was resolved that the Articles of Incorporation The document that must be filed with an appropriate government agency, commonly the office of the Secretary of State, if the owners of a business want it to be given legal recognition as a corporation. of Honda to be amended as of Saturday, July 1, 2006 to the effect that the number of authorized Shares Authorized shares
Number of shares authorized for issuance by a firm's corporate charter. to be increased by 3,543 million shares to 7,086 million shares.
3. The Company intends to send shareholders, on Thursday, August 24, 2006, information on share certificates and share ownership after the stock split at the address of which the Company has been notified. Beneficial shareholders who have registered their names in the Custody and Book-Entry Transfer System will be able to sell their additional Shares issued by stock split as from Monday, July 3, 2006.
4. Since the effective date of the stock split is July 1, 2006, the year-end dividend for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2006 will be distributed to the Shares prior to the stock split.
Summary of Change of Ratio of ADR
1. Purpose of the ratio change: To continuously offer the current investment environment for ADR holders by maintaining present level of ADRs trading price. 2. Outline of the change of ratio: (1) Ratio before change: 1 ADR=1/2 of one Share (2) Ratio after change: 1 ADR=1 Share (3) Effective date of the new ratio: Saturday, July 1, 2006 (EST) (4) First trading date with new ratio: Monday, July 3, 2006 (EST)
Depositary and transfer agent for ADR: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
About Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (TSE See Tokyo Stock Exchange.
1. See Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
2. See Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE). : 7267)(NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange : HMC HMC Harvey Mudd College (Claremont, CA)
HMC Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, Washington)
HMC Hosted Messaging and Collaboration
HMC Hoffman Modulation Contrast )(LSE LSE - Language Sensitive Editor : HNDA.L) is one of the leading manufacturers of automobiles and power products and the largest manufacture of motorcycles in the world. Honda has always sought to provide genuine satisfaction to people worldwide. The result is more than 120 manufacturing facilities in 30 countries worldwide, producing a wide range of products, including motorcycles, ATVs, generators, marine engines, lawn and garden equipment and automobiles that bring the company into contact with over 19 million customers annually. For more information, please visit http://world.honda.com.
Source: Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Corporate Communications Division email@example.com Telephone: +81-(0)3-5412-1512 Facsimile: +81-(0)3-5412-1545 Depositary and transfer agent for ADR: JPMorgan Service Center South Hackensack, NJ 07606-3408 TEL: 1-800-990-1135 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright [c] 2006 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network K.K.