Helping to keep the links flowing.* pd Ports plc was floated on the AIM (Alternative Investment Market) market in July July: see month. 2004 and moved to the main London stock exchange London Stock Exchange
London marketplace for securities. It was formed in 1773 by a group of stockbrokers who had been doing business informally in local coffeehouses. in December 2004.
* PD Ports is a high performing specialist business offering a wide variety of supply chain services to improve customers' international product and material movements into and out of ( as well as within ( the UK.
* PD Ports employs more than 1,500 people, and generates an annual turnover of more than pounds 160m from 50 UK locations.
* PD Ports operates throughout the UK. Business interests of PD Ports are:
Port Operations ( includes:
* PD Teesport: one of the top three UK ports, with strong flows of containers, bulk traffics and finished cars, handling 54 million tonnes of throughput per annum Per annum
* PD Port Services (including PD Logistics), a leading specialist in effective port, shipping and marine solutions to UK industry. PD Logistics offers warehousing, distribution and freight forwarding services from several UK locations, using air, road, rail and sea and servicing the chemicals, metals, automotive, recycling recycling, the process of recovering and reusing waste products—from household use, manufacturing, agriculture, and business—and thereby reducing their burden on the environment. and retail sectors.
* Visit www.pdlogistics.com
Property ( includes:
* Revenue and income from property and facilities owned by PD and used by third party clients on long term leases.
* Land not used for operational purposes and forms part of the potential for development.
* A major project for the redevelopment of part of Hartlepool docks known as Victoria Harbour.
Commercial Vehicle, Sale & Service ( this includes:
* PD Truck and Van: a major UK Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles dealer, operating through its multi-branch network ( H&L Garages ( in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Visit www.handlgarages.co.uk
* Further information www.pdports.co.uk or +44 (0) 1642 877200
Martyn Pellew, Group Development Director, PD Ports plc, 7-27 Queen's Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH or email email@example.com