Hairy armpits send out signals.WOMEN who don't shave their armpits are viewed as aggressive and anti-social - but more intelligent than those with hair-free underarms, it was reported today.
Hairy 1. hairy - Annoyingly complicated. "DWIM is incredibly hairy."
2. hairy - Incomprehensible. "DWIM is incredibly hairy."
3. hairy - Of people, high-powered, authoritative, rare, expert, and/or incomprehensible. women are also perceived to be liberated lib·er·ate
tr.v. lib·er·at·ed, lib·er·at·ing, lib·er·ates
1. To set free, as from oppression, confinement, or foreign control.
2. Chemistry To release (a gas, for example) from combination. but less attractive and less moral, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. psychologist Dr Susan Basow.
Dr Basow told the American Psychological Association The American Psychological Association (APA) is a professional organization representing psychology in the US. Description and history
The association has around 150,000 members and an annual budget of around $70m. conference in Washington that film star Julia Roberts failed to spark a fashion trend when she revealed her hairy pits at the premiere of Notting Hill.
"Julia Roberts is a beautiful woman, but her decision to grow her underarm hair Underarm hair (Axillary hair) is the composition of hair in the underarm area. This hair, as most of the other body hair, normally starts to appear at puberty and growth is usually complete by the end of teen age. has not encouraged other women to follow suit," she said.
"It is still seen as unhygienic and disgusting by most men and women."
Left-handed people are more intelligent and eloquent than right-handers, it was claimed at the same conference today.
Although just one in 10 Britons are left-handed, that minority is believed to contain more geniuses than the right-handed population.
Dr Alan Searleman told the conference that left-handers are more "intellectually gifted".