HOOTIE AMONG ALL-TIME TOP SELLERS.Byline: Jeffery Jolson-Colburn Hollywood Reporter
Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" is solidly paved in platinum as "Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin, English pop music group formed in 1968 by guitarist Jimmy Page (1944–), singer Robert Plant (1948–), bassist John Paul Jones (1946–), and drummer John "Bonzo" Bonham (1948–80). IV" passed the 16 million mark, making it the fourth best-selling album of all time. Ahead is Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (24 million), the Eagles "Greatest Hits" (22 million) and Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" (17 million).
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the January gold and platinum awards from the Recording Industry Association of America, Hootie & the Blowfish A secret key cryptography method that uses a variable length key from 32 to 448 bits long. It uses the block cipher method, which breaks the text into 64-bit blocks before encrypting them. are not that far behind the Zep, reaching sales of 12 million in about 18 months for "Cracked Rear View," compared with "Led Zeppelin's" 18-year climb to 16 million.
"Cracked Rear View" is now the fastest-selling debut album ever, though not yet the biggest. Boston holds that honor with 15 million, followed by Guns N' Roses with 13 million, Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" with 12 million and Whitney Houston with 12 million. However, Hootie & the Blowfish are still in the top 10 of the Billboard charts On January 4, 1936, Billboard magazine published its first music hit parade and on July 20, 1940 the first Music Popularity Chart was calculated. Since 1958 the Hot 100 has been published, combining single sales and radio airplay. and doing swimmingly, while all their competitors have long ago seen their debut albums become catalog items.
Two other acts passed the 10 million mark in January, AC/DC's hard-rocking classic "Back in Black" and Kenny G's "Breathless," now the top-selling instrumental album of all time.
Mariah Carey reached two milestones in January after a strong holiday run. Her new album, "Daydream," hit the 6 million mark, while the 1993 disc "Music Box" opened to the tune of 9 million.
Three other female acts had a spectacular January. TLC TLC total lung capacity; thin-layer chromatography.
1. thin-layer chromatography
2. became the first female group to pass the 8 million mark. Alanis Morissette became the best-selling alternative female act, breezing by the 5 million mark and still going strong. Houston, the top-selling female debut of all time, set her own record this past month, becoming the first artist to lead two soundtracks to sales of more than 4 million. While there are other artists on both albums, both "The Bodyguard" and "Waiting to Exhale exhale /ex·hale/ (eks´hal) to breathe out.
1. To breathe out.
2. To emit a gas, vapor, or odor. " had multiple Houston tracks.
Other multiple-platinum winners in January included 4 million sellers Blues Traveler, the Cranberries and the Smashing Pumpkins; triple-platinum honorees Bush, Seal and the Dave Matthews
David John Matthews (born January 9 1967) is a South African, now naturalized American, Grammy-winning lead vocalist and guitarist for the Dave Matthews Band. Band; and double-platinum prize recipients Tha Dogg Pound This article
* It may violate Wikipedia's policy on .
* It needs additional references or sources for verification. , Collective Soul, R. Kelly, Alan Jackson, Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians, the "Batman Forever" soundtrack, Beastie Boys and Jeff Foxworthy, the first comedian to ever score two multiplatinum albums. has multiple issues:
Platinum awards, given for 1 million copies sold, went to the latest releases from Alice in Chains, Green Day, the "Mortal Kombat" soundtrack, Ace of Base, Melissa Etheridge, Joan Osborne, Meat Loaf, Madonna, Too Short, Oasis, Rembrandts, Foo Fighters, Vince Gill and LL Cool J.
Photo Hootie & the Blowfish's "Cracked Rear View" is the fastest-selling debut album ever - with 12 million copies sold in 18 months.