Grants & gifts. (around campus).Georgia Perimeter College Georgia Perimeter College is a two-year Associate degree granting unit of the University System of Georgia. GPC has multiple campus locations on the north and east side of Atlanta. in Clarkston, Ga., has been selected to receive the following grants:
* $50,000 from the National Youth Sports Program in order to provide disadvantaged youth the opportunity benefit from structured sports and enrichment enrichment Food industry The addition of vitamins or minerals to a food–eg, wheat, which may have been lost during processing. See White flour; Cf Whole grains. programs.
* $235,920 from the U.S. Department of Education for the Child Care Access Means Parents in School program, which supports the participation of low-income parents in postsecondary education through the provision of campus-based childcare services.
* $760,000 from the U.S. Department of Education for a four-year TRIO Student Support Services support services Psychology Non-health care-related ancillary services–eg, transportation, financial aid, support groups, homemaker services, respite services, and other services Program to assist low-income, first generation, and/or disabled students with basic college requirements and to motivate them towards the successful completion of a postsecondary education.
* $1 million from Georgia's Department of Transportation for the enhancement of pedestrian, bicycle and mass transportation facilities and education activities at three of its six campuses. Project funds will provide safer bus stops, sidewalks and bike paths on campuses, and will enhance lighting surrounding each campus.
* $9,000 to participate in the Bridges to Healthy Communities 2005 from The American Association of Community Colleges for educating the physically challenged, international immigrants and international communities on how to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.
Community College Week welcomes e-mailed listings for the "Grants & Gifts" section. Submissions should be brief and include:
* Dollar amount (or itemization i·tem·ize
v. i·tem·ized, i·tem·iz·ing, i·tem·iz·es
1. To place or include on a list of items: itemized her expenses on the proper form.
2. of in-kind contributions) of the grant or gift
* Who/what is giving or granting
* What the gift or grant will be used for Please send information to Kristina Lane at Kristina@)cmabiccw.com