Printer Friendly

Government help to get on the property ladder.

WOULD-BE home buyers in South and West Yorkshire West Yorkshire, former metropolitan county, N central England. Created in the 1974 local government reorganization, the county largely embraced the Leeds conurbation and comprised five metropolitan districts: Calderdale, Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield, and Kirklees.  who are finding themselves priced out of the housing market will soon be able to secure a brand new home at a fraction of its market value.

Properties are being sold under the Government's HomeBuy Direct scheme, which will enable households with incomes below pounds 60,000 to buy a new build home.

More than 3,100 homes at over 200 Persimmon persimmon: see ebony.
persimmon

Either of two trees of the genus Diospyros in the ebony family, and their globular, edible fruits. The native American persimmon (D.
 developments across the UK are available under the Government's HomeBuy Direct scheme - with approximately 130 properties at 12 developments in the West Yorkshire region alone.

House hunters House Hunters is an American television series that airs at 10:00pm nightly (and in reruns at various other times) on the cable television network Home & Garden Television, aka HGTV.  will be required to raise funding, including a mortgage plus any deposit, of at least 70 per cent of the purchase price. The remaining 30 per cent is made up by an equity loan which is co-funded by the Government and Persimmon Homes.

Persimmon's HomeBuy Direct properties, which include a range of two, three and four bedroom homes priced from just pounds 61,247, are available at: Bridleways, Laughton Common; Highfield Chase, Heckmondwike; Magdalene Fields, Gomersal; Mill Green, Swarcliffe, Leeds; Millside,

Wilsden; Primrose Gardens, Horbury; St Gregory's, Swarcliffe, Leeds; Village Mews, Southowram; Willow Edge, Castleford; Whitechapel Gardens, Cleckheaton; Staynor Hall, Selby and The Ridge, Barnsley.

Lawrence McGeehan, sales director for Persimmon Homes West Yorkshire, said: "We realise and understand the significant difficulties many buyers are facing in getting a foothold on the property ladder This article is about the real-estate term. For the reality television show, see Property Ladder (TV series).
The property ladder is a term widely used in the United Kingdom to describe an individual or family's lifetime progress from cheaper to more expensive
, which is why we've taken decisive action to help those unable to buy without assistance.

"We are convinced that with interest rates at an all time historic low level along with practical schemes such as HomeBuy Direct, house hunters will realise that there has never been a better time to purchase a new home.

"The HomeBuy Direct scheme, designed to rebuild confidence in the housing market, is a boost for the housing sector and is sure to come as welcome news amongst house hunters in West Yorkshire.

"The message is clear, if 2009 is the year you're determined to get onto the property ladder, you need to talk to Persimmon. We have the largest allocation at around 20% of the available HomeBuy Direct sites which means we are more accessible for buyers and are able to offer the widest possible choice." . For further information on the range of Persimmon properties available under the HomeBuy Direct scheme, please call 0113 240 9726 during office hours office hours,
n.pl See business hours.
.

Details at the website: www.persimmonhomes.com

CAPTION(S):

ASPIRATIONAL: Persimmon Homes' Highfield Chase site in Heckmondwike, which is included in the Government's HomeBuy Direct scheme
COPYRIGHT 2009 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 Reader Opinion

Title:

Comment:



 

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Huddersfield Daily Examiner (Huddersfield, England)
Date:May 21, 2009
Words:421
Previous Article:Consider buying property despite economic climate; Smaller, affordable homes in demand by people wanting to rent.
Next Article:Chartered surveyors to help charities.


Related Articles
Home buying aid rejected.
Homes cash attack.
pounds 100m housing plan helps just 451 people.
Government shares the burden.
We offer a huge range of benefits; HomeBuy Direct.
First-time buyers giving up hope.
BEENY THERE, DONE THAT; Sarah's seen it all but she still gets ignored.
help in getting on property ladder.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2014 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters