Got wood?Almost 200 years after he rocked Toronto with a gay sex scandal, Alexander Wood is at it again. Wood's achievements as a merchant and magistrate in the early 19th century were recently commemorated with a seemingly innocuous in·noc·u·ous
Having no adverse effect; harmless.
innocuous (i·näˈ·kyōō· bronze and granite statue in the cites gay area. The racy rac·y
adj. rac·i·er, rac·i·est
1. Having a distinctive and characteristic quality or taste.
2. Strong and sharp in flavor or odor; piquant or pungent.
3. Risqué; ribald.
4. plaque attached to it, however, has caused a local stir and made international headlines. The plaque depicts Wood closely examining the genitals gen·i·tals
Genitalia. of a suspected rapist, an action that branded him a "molly'--then a derogatory de·rog·a·to·ry
1. Disparaging; belittling: a derogatory comment.
2. Tending to detract or diminish. term for homosexual--and forced an exile to his homeland of Scotland for over 15 years. The intimate examinations of rape suspects were conducted by Wood after a female victim claimed she scratched her attackers genitals.