Gillette Introduces New Gillette Comfort Blades; A Significant Advancement in Blade Design for Extraordinary Shaving Comfort.
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 21, 2000
The Gillette Company today introduced Gillette(R) Comfort Blades, improved, thinner blades designed to cut hair more easily than traditional Gillette blades for an extraordinarily comfortable shave shave (shav)
1. to cut at or parallel to the surface of the skin.
2. to remove the beard or other body hair by such a process.
3. to cut thin slices from or to cut into thin slices. .
Branded with a unique new quality seal, Comfort Blades will be featured exclusively in the Company's complete line of twin blade male and female shaving systems and disposable razors. These include Gillette and Gillette for Women SensorExcel(R), Sensor(R), Atra(R) and Trac II(R), Custom Plus(R), Good News!(R), Agility(R) and Daisy(R) branded products.
The introduction of Comfort Blades follows the 1998 introduction of the Gillette MACH3(TM) patented DLC (1) (Data Link Control) See data link and OSI.
(2) (Data Link Control) The data link layer protocol (layer 2) that is used in IBM's SNA networking. See SNA, data link protocol and Microsoft DLC. (TM) comfort edges, the first major blade edge innovation in 30 years. Incorporating aspects of the proprietary manufacturing process developed for MACH3, Comfort Blades uniquely combine a thinner blade profile with a platinum chrome (jargon) chrome - (From automotive slang via wargaming) Showy features added to attract users but contributing little or nothing to the power of a system.
"The 3D icons in Motif are just chrome, but they certainly are *pretty* chrome!" coating. The result is a superior blade edge, compared to traditional Gillette blades, which cuts hair more easily to provide exceptional shaving comfort.
"Gillette is integrating key elements of MACH3's superior blade technology into our complete line of twin blade products to deliver what millions of consumers look for in a shave -- incredible comfort," said Allan Boath, senior vice president, The Gillette Company. "With the Gillette Comfort Blades seal on every pack, consumers can 'take Comfort' in knowing their Gillette twin blade product will give them the added value Added value in financial analysis of shares is to be distinguished from value added. Used as a measure of shareholder value, calculated using the formula:
This is the first time that a blade innovation has been applied so broadly across the Gillette product portfolio. The entire line of twin blade products, 14 brands, will be re-launched with refreshed re·fresh
v. re·freshed, re·fresh·ing, re·fresh·es
1. To revive with or as if with rest, food, or drink; give new vigor or spirit to.
2. packaging graphics and the distinctive Comfort Blades quality seal. The quality seal is a guarantee that the Gillette twin blade products consumers are buying feature Gillette's proprietary blade technology. While MACH3 continues to drive category growth and Gillette market share worldwide, existing Gillette-branded twin blade products represent a significant 51 percent of the global market.
Gillette MACH3, with its breakthrough technological features, outperforms all other razors. Since its introduction in 1998, sales of MACH3 have propelled Gillette's share of the global blade market to 70 percent. MACH3 sales continue to grow; the new shaving system has already attained at·tain
v. at·tained, at·tain·ing, at·tains
1. To gain as an objective; achieve: attain a diploma by hard work.
2. a 17 percent share of the global blade market. MACH3 achieved another significant milestone recently when the Company announced the production of its one billionth MACH3 blade cartridge (1) See phono cartridge.
(2) A removable storage module that contains magnetic disks, optical discs, magnetic tape or memory chips. Cartridges are inserted into slots in the drive, printer or computer. , just 16 months after the product's global launch.
Gillette twin blade shaving systems and disposable razors with Comfort Blades will be available in the U.S., Canada, and Europe beginning in early November of 2000 and all other international markets in early 2001. The product launch will be supported by a $30 million global marketing campaign including print advertising, point of sale material and impactful secondary retail displays.
Headquartered in Boston, Mass., The Gillette Company is the world leader in male grooming Combining, consolidating and segregating network traffic using devices such as digital cross-connects, add/drop multiplexers and SONET switches. Grooming is a telephone term that typically refers to managing high-capacity lines between central offices, carriers, ISPs and very large , a category that includes blades, razors and shaving preparations. Gillette also holds the number one position worldwide in selected female grooming products, such as wet shaving products and hair epilation epilation /ep·i·la·tion/ (-la´shun) depilation.
The act or result of removing hair, as by mechanical or chemical means. Also called depilation. devices. In addition, the Company is the world leader in alkaline batteries Alkaline batteries are a type of power cell dependent upon the reaction between zinc and manganese dioxide (Zn/MnO2).
Compared with original
zinc-carbon batteries, while both produce approximately 1. , toothbrushes and oral care appliances, and correction products.