Geshwiler succeeds Jones as president.
Tommy Denton, NCEW's treasurer and senior editorial writer/columnist for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, will move up to vice president. Rena Pederson, vice president/editor of the editorial pages for the Dallas Morning News, will move up from secretary to treasurer.
Convention participants also will elect a secretary and three members to NCEW's board of directors. The candidates for secretary are Susan Albright, editor of the editorial pages for the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, and Sue Ryon, assistant editorial page editor of The Milwaukee Journal. Albright is completing a term on the NCEW board, and Ryon is completing her third year as editor of The Masthead.
Six people have been nominated for three two-year terms on the board. They are:
* Mindy Cameron, editorial page editor of The Seattle Times.
* Diane Clark, editor of the opinion pages for The San Diego Union-Tribune.
* Suzanne Fields, columnist at The Washington Times.
* Alf Pratte, professor of communications at Brigham Young University.
* Chuck Stokes, editorial and public affairs director for WXYZ-TV in Detroit.
* Jack Zaleski, editorial page editor of The Forum in Fargo, N.D.
Three members remain on the board: Geri Denterlein, editorial director for Boston's WBZ-TV; Catherine Ford, associate editor of the Calgary Herald in Alberta; and Phil Haslanger, associate editor of The Capital Times in Madison, Wis.
Biographies of the candidates, as well as a brief summation of their goals for NCEW, follow.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Convention '93; 'The Atlanta Constitution' editorial writer Joseph H. Geshwiler; National Conference of Editorial Writers President Edward W. Jones|
|Date:||Sep 22, 1993|
|Previous Article:||See the city after hours.|
|Next Article:||Albright, Ryon compete for secretary position.|