General Services Administration. (Government).
The government spends over $9 billion a year on official travel for its employees. FSS commercial travel management services programs (e.g., contractor-issued travel charge card, travel management centers, discount passenger transportation and discount lodging programs) provide participating federal agencies with a comprehensive approach to managing the performance of official travel by their employees, and the payment of travel-related expenses.
Freight and Household Goods Management
FSS's freight and household goods programs simplify the procurement of transportation services. Use of the negotiated rates obtained through these programs ensures that the transportation of freight and household goods shipments is accomplished by the most efficient and economical means. FSS maintains a standard tender of service which standardizes participating carrier qualifications and performance requirements and includes the rules under which shipments are to be handled by carriers in the program. FSS also conducts liaison programs with civilian agencies to assist them in the establishment and/or improvement of their freight traffic program.
* Joseph H. Jeu, Asst. Commissioner, Office of Transportation and Property Management, Federal Supply Service
FAX (703) 305-6905
* Tauna T. Delmonico, Director, Travel and Transportation Management Div.
FAX (703) 305-7946
* James Fitzgerald, Director, Audit Division
FAX (202) 501-3008
* Becky Rhodes, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Transportation and Personal Property, Office of Governmentwide Policy
FAX (202) 501-6742
* Timothy J. Burke, Director, Travel Policy Division
FAX (202) 501-0349
* Ted Bembenek, Director, Transportation Policy Division
FAX (202) 501-6742
Stephen A. Perry
General Services Administration
FAX: (202) 219-1243
G. Martin Wagner
Office of Governmentwide Policy, GSA
FAX: (202) 501-8898
Donna D. Bennett
Federal Supply Service
FAX: (703) 305-5500
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Defense Transportation Journal|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2002|
|Previous Article:||Department of State. (Government).|
|Next Article:||Federal Emergency Management Agency. (Government).|