General Services Administration. (Government).
The General Services Administration's (GSA (1) (Global mobile Suppliers Association, Sawbridgeworth, U.K., www.gsacom.com) A membership organization of suppliers of GSM products and services. Its goal is to promote GSM as the worldwide mobile communications standard. See GSM Association and GSM. ) Office of Governmentwide Policy is responsible for prescribing policies and procedures Policies and Procedures are a set of documents that describe an organization's policies for operation and the procedures necessary to fulfill the policies. They are often initiated because of some external requirement, such as environmental compliance or other governmental pertaining per·tain
intr.v. per·tained, per·tain·ing, per·tains
1. To have reference; relate: evidence that pertains to the accident.
2. to government-wide travel and relocation RELOCATION, Scotch law, contracts. To let again to renew a lease, is called a relocation.
2. When a tenant holds over after the expiration of his lease, with the consent of his landlord, this will amount to a relocation. allowances and entitlements for civilian federal employees, and transportation and traffic management. In addition to this policy and regulatory development role, GSA's Federal Supply Service makes available to federal agencies a variety of commercial services programs which control and reduce federal travel costs and encourage the economical and efficient movement of freight and household goods and shipments. GSA also contracts with commercial auditing firms to examine the government's transportation billings.
The government spends over $9 billion a year on official travel for its employees. FSS FSS Federal Supply Service (US General Services Administration)
FSS Flight Service Station
FSS Family Self-Sufficiency
FSS Fixed Satellite Service
FSS Forensic Science Service (Great Britain) commercial travel management services programs (e.g., contractor-issued travel charge card, travel management centers, discount passenger transportation and discount lodging Lodging or holiday accommodation is a type of accommodation. People who travel and stay away from home for more than a day need lodging mainly for sleeping. Other purposes are safety, shelter from cold and rain, having a place to store luggage and being able to take a programs) provide participating federal agencies with a comprehensive approach to managing the performance of official travel by their employees, and the payment of travel-related expenses.
Freight and Household Goods Management
FSS's freight and household goods programs simplify the procurement The fancy word for "purchasing." The procurement department within an organization manages all the major purchases. of transportation services. Use of the negotiated rates obtained through these programs ensures that the transportation of freight and household goods shipments is accomplished by the most efficient and economical means. FSS maintains a standard tender of service which standardizes participating carrier qualifications and performance requirements and includes the rules under which shipments are to be handled by carriers in the program. FSS also conducts liaison programs with civilian agencies to assist them in the establishment and/or and/or
Used to indicate that either or both of the items connected by it are involved.
Usage Note: And/or is widely used in legal and business writing. improvement of their freight traffic program.
* Joseph H. Jeu, Asst. Commissioner, Office of Transportation and Property Management, Federal Supply Service
FAX (703) 305-6905
* Tauna T. Delmonico, Director, Travel and Transportation Management Div.
FAX (703) 305-7946
* James Fitzgerald James Edward FitzGerald (1818 - 1896) was a New Zealand politician. According to some historians, he should be considered the country's first Prime Minister, although a more conventional view is that neither he nor his successor (Thomas Forsaith) should properly be given that title. , Director, Audit Division
FAX (202) 501-3008
* Becky Rhodes, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Transportation and Personal Property, Office of Governmentwide Policy
FAX (202) 501-6742
* Timothy J. Burke The name Burke (from Irish Gaelic de Burca, of Norman origin). In English the meaning of the name Burke is "fortified hill." See also Berkley. Places
FAX (202) 501-0349
* Ted Bembenek, Director, Transportation Policy Division
FAX (202) 501-6742
Stephen A. Perry
General Services Administration The General Services Administration (GSA) was established by section 101 of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (40 U.S.C.A. § 751). The GSA sets policy for and manages government property and records.
FAX: (202) 219-1243
G. Martin Wagner
Office of Governmentwide Policy, GSA
FAX: (202) 501-8898
Donna D. Bennett
Federal Supply Service
FAX: (703) 305-5500