General Motors Expands Owner Center at MyGMLink; Free Online Service Now Available to All Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, GMC Owners.
This free service provides a single, comprehensive online resource for all of a GM product owner's needs. More than 100,000 GM vehicle owners have registered their vehicles online since the Owner Center at MyGMLink was made available to all Pontiac and some Chevrolet owners in January.
The Owner Center at MyGMLink offers owners more personalized, vehicle- specific information, along with other tools and privileges, than any other owner Web site available. It is designed to help people get the most from their GM vehicles by housing all of their pertinent data and resources in one convenient place. It is located on the Web at http://www.mygmlink.com/ , and is also accessible via the "owners" links from GM's various brand sites, such as chevy.com .
"GM created the Owner Center to enhance customer loyalty, make the ownership experience more valuable for our customers, and help GM dealers reinforce and grow their relationships with their customers," said Katherine Benoit, executive director, GM Customer Network.
"More than 90 percent of a customer's experience with GM comes after they purchase or lease their car or truck. We developed the Owner Center to help our customers get the most from the GM ownership experience and to reinforce a customer's relationship with their dealer," said Stu Dressler, GM global ownership program manager.
"This service gives customers more convenience, content, and control than any other online ownership service, personalized to the car or truck they own, through the communications channel of their choice, including personal digital assistants (PDAs)," Dressler said.
Benefits of the Owner Center at MyGMLink include:
* The vehicle home page, which features a customizable picture of the owner's vehicle; the vehicle's mileage, maintained by the owner; an overview of the vehicle's maintenance schedule; recent items on the vehicle's service history; an Owner Center Info box for news and alerts, and the name and contact information of the owner's preferred GM dealer. Owners also can upload a favorite photo of their own vehicle to personalize their Owner Center even more.
* The "glovebox," which features everything owners would find in their actual glovebox, such as an Owner's Manual and warranty information.
* The "eService Station," where owners can keep track of service records, view recommended service items, and fill out a pre-service symptom checklist.
* Repair and maintenance tips, which give owners a wealth of information on vehicle maintenance and what to do in case of a collision.
* The safety section, which gives owners the resources to learn everything they need to know about vehicle and driver safety.
* The recalls section, which gives owners up-to-date recall information on their vehicle and dealer contact information should a recall happen.
* The news and events section, which features news items and owner- related articles and events nationwide.
* The privileges and offers section, which details money-saving benefits available exclusively to Owner Center members who have registered their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the site. These include marketing offers from select GM partners, including bonus miles from the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles program and exclusive discounts with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and special offers from GM businesses such as OnStar and GMAC Financial Services.
* The buying and selling section, which provides valuable resources to owners who want to buy or sell a vehicle, from vehicle selection to trade-in values.
CONTACT: Ryndee Carney of General Motors Corp., +1-313-667-7627, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: http://media.gm.com/
Web site: http://www.gm.com/
Web site: http://www.mygmlink.com/
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Comment:||General Motors Expands Owner Center at MyGMLink; Free Online Service Now Available to All Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, GMC Owners.|
|Date:||Aug 12, 2002|
|Previous Article:||Visteon Supports Advancements in HD Radio(TM) Technology.|
|Next Article:||HUMMER's First Television Campaign Showcases The H2's Off-Road Capability and Prestige.|