GOALS IN HIS SIGHTS; HAMILTON FIRED UP FOR CRUNCH CLASH.Byline: Terry Phillips
DES Hamilton Derrick Vivian 'Des' Hamilton (born 15 August 1976 in Bradford, West Yorkshire) was an English professional football player. Playing career
Hamilton came through the youth ranks at Bradford City as a promising youngster. , Cardiff City's powerful midfield mid·field
1. The section of a playing field midway between goals.
2. Players whose usual positions are in the midfield.
mid player, is ready to shoot on sight in a bid to help the Bluebirds into promotion contention.
Former Newcastle United player Hamilton blasted blast·ed
1. Used as an intensive: I hate these blasted flies.
2. Slang Drunk or intoxicated.
3. Blighted, withered, or shriveled. a left-foot cracker (1) A person who breaks into a computer system without authorization, whose purpose is to do damage (destroy files, steal credit card numbers, plant viruses, etc.). Because a cracker uses low-level hacker skills to do cracking, the terms "cracker" and "hacker" have become to score his first goal for the club during the 3-1 FA Cup win against Tiverton Town. And he'd love to repeat that blast in tonight's Nationwide League clash with Colchester United at Ninian Park (7.45pm). Ninian Park is a football stadium in Cardiff, Wales. Currently, it is the home ground of Cardiff City F.C.
And he said: "There's nothing better than scoring a goal - and it was with my weaker foot.
"The manager encourages me to have more strikes at goal and that's what I'll be trying to do."
Hamilton, 25, has made 16 first team appearances this season, including 11 starts in Division Two, but hasn't yet been able to command a regular place.
"I haven't yet played the way I can, but that will only come with a run of games, " said Hamilton.
"I've been in and out of the team so far, but I either sit and sulk or get on with the job.
"I've been in the starting lineup For the line of action figures, see .
A starting lineup in sports refers to the set of players actively participating in the event when the game begins. The players in the starting lineup are commonly referred to as starters, whereas the others are substitutes for the last three matches and my aim must be to play well enough to have a run of games.
"We are in a position where we can challenge for promotion. We have a squad capable of that.
"I've played in Division One for several clubs and it would be brilliant if City got to that level.
"With the fan base in South Wales South Wales south n → sud m du Pays de Galles and the way the club is set up, we should be in the First Division right now.
"We've climbed the Division Two table to eighth and we have to go further. Matches like tonight's are crucial if we are to achieve that."
Hamilton started his career with Bradford City and has since played for Newcastle United, Sheffield United, Huddersfield Town, Norwich and Tranmere.
But, since leaving Bradford in 1994, Hamilton has played only a small number of games at any club and Cardiff offer him a chance to put that right.
"My first task is to earn a regular first team place and stay there, " said Hamilton. "If I do that hopefully I will stay with Cardiff City for a long time.
"Cardiff City, I hope, is the club to help me put that right."
GOING FOR GOAL Des Hamilton, seen scoring against Tiverton Town on Saturday, is promising to provide more goals for Cardiff City from his position in midfield. PICTURE: Peter Bolter bolt·er 1
1. A horse given to bolting.
2. One who gives up membership in or withdraws support from a political party.