Speed is an important factor, as it is a clear sign of high technology, but there are many other factors that count: speed is not enough!
These days, in Offanengo at GDM factory, is being tested the ninth (the first available to the open market) baby diaper machine "AB700," designed and built to reach high production speed, ultimately 500 meters/minute or 1,000 diapers/minute, yet aiming at a complete control of production process in order to reach constant production speed, fewer machine stops, producing diapers with stable quality and low waste.
"AB700" machines, featuring full servo transmission by brushless motors, are equipped for controlled infeed and transport of thin and stretchable materials through tension conditioners.
GDM, in designing the latest generation of modular machines, focussed on those engineering and technological features that only can grant a real competitive advantage to users:
* Low production cost per piece--high speed, use of large material rolls, investment for long term production, detection of waste close to application, all good products taken care of after machine stop, built in high process stability and control, good Human Machine Interface tools for analysing waste causes, low manning cost per produced diaper
* High flexibility--supply system built for modular process, plug and play concept, main PLC control with bus system for distributed I/O, short stop times during size change and process/product upgrades
* Ease of upgrades with minimum down time--spec change in 20', fast and efficient run-in after change over in 30', fast and efficient size changes below 60'
* High process stability and control-low constant web tension (0,5-6 N), tension conditioners close to process
* User friendly-optimised for material handling, extensive safety system
Each of the mentioned characteristics and more that can be said of "AB700" series, would deserve a much more detailed explanation, unfortunately we do not have room enough, therefore we wish to take up the opportunity formally inviting all interested parties who would like to receive a complete presentation of GDM's "AB700" machines, and see the machine running with their own eyes, to contact GDM.
We are sure you will enjoy "speeding up" with us."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||May 1, 2001|
|Next Article:||GENERAL FOAM.|