Fujitsu Opens Platform Solution Center in Shanghai; Fourth Location Extends Coverage Throughout Southeast and East Asia.Tokyo, Japan, Apr 11, 2006 - (JCN JCN Japan Corporate News
JCN Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience
JCN Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
JCN Journal of Christian Nursing
JCN Job Control Number
JCN Journal of Child Neurology
JCN joint communications network (US DoD) Newswire) - Fujitsu Limited today announced that it has opened a new facility, "Platform Solution Center (Shanghai)," to promote the full-scale penetration of Fujitsu's platform products in China's rapidly-growing IT market. The center offers a full range of services, from consulting to system verification of platform products from Fujitsu and its partners, enabling customers to pre-verify systems tailored to their needs.
Fujitsu has been expanding the number of verification and evaluation facilities for its platform products globally, and the facilities have been introduced as the Platform Solution Centers (PSCs) in the Asian region. The new PSC (Public Service Commission) Same as PUC. is the fourth that Fujitsu has launched, following the establishment of sites in Japan, Singapore and Korea. With the new opening in Shanghai, one of China's largest business centers, Fujitsu aims to provide the highest level of convenience for both its customers and partner companies.
With the dynamic changes of today's business Today's Business is a show on CNBC that aired in the early morning, 5 to 7AM ET timeslot, hosted by Liz Claman and Bob Sellers, and it was replaced by Wake Up Call on Feb 4, 2002. environment and the shift toward open-standard platforms, the IT systems supporting customers'businesses are becoming increasingly diverse and complex. Accordingly, there is an increasing need to verify product operation and performance prior to constructing new systems.
The new center, comprising an area of 1,000 square meters Noun 1. square meter - a centare is 1/100th of an are
centare, square metre
area unit, square measure - a system of units used to measure areas , is equipped with approximately 40 servers and storage systems, and offers a full range of services for platform products, from consulting to system verification, in one location. The new center is also linked via a network to Fujitsu's PSC in Japan and other facilities worldwide, enabling Fujitsu to quickly and effectively propose reliable, cost-effective, and pre-verified systems tailored to customer needs for high performance and functionality and to support customers' global business expansion and growth.
The new center also enables Fujitsu and its partners to verify application software and solutions for their customers using platform products at the center.
Fujitsu will also establish a new PSC in Hong Kong Hong Kong (hŏng kŏng), Mandarin Xianggang, special administrative region of China, formerly a British crown colony (2005 est. pop. 6,899,000), land area 422 sq mi (1,092 sq km), adjacent to Guangdong prov. as a satellite facility of PSC (Shanghai) to bolster the company's capabilities to respond to the needs of customers in the financial services The examples and perspective in this article or section may not represent a worldwide view of the subject.
Please [ improve this article] or discuss the issue on the talk page. industry for verification and evaluation of platform products.
"Fujitsu considers IT solutions as one of the key elements in accelerating China's economic development. Beginning with the establishment of PSC (Shanghai), we would like to continue to contribute to the further development of China's economy by
offering our platform products, which feature high reliability and performance, that comprise the core of IT systems," said Chiaki Ito, corporate executive vice president, Fujitsu Limited.
Masayuki Tomimuro, vice president, Fujitsu (China) Holdings Co., Ltd., dded, "While providing a wide range of platform solution products that support the business strategies of our customers, we will actively use PSC (Shanghai) and PSC (Hong Kong), both as a hub to closely link customers with Fujitsu and as a place where we can help customers transform their IT ideas into reality."
Function of the Platform Solution Center (Shanghai)
PSC (Shanghai) will maintain a dedicated staff for platform product consulting and will provide the following services as part of its role in solving IT system problems for both Fujitsu customers and partner companies.
1. Verification of Performance and Quality Tailored to Customer System Requirements To be used efficiently, all computer software needs certain hardware components or other software resources to be present on a computer system. These pre-requisites are known as (computer) system requirements and are often used as a guideline as opposed to an absolute rule.
With a wide range of cutting-edge servers, storage and network products on hand, the facility can operationally verify an optimized level of performance and quality for customer systems in a variety of product combinations.
2. Offerings of Platform Products Consulting
In order to construct systems that best solve the IT problems of our customers, the center's staff will help select platform products, verify prototype systems, introduce platform products from Fujitsu and other vendors, and even conduct demonstrations.
3. Latest Information on IT Systems Provided
The facility provides customers with information on cutting-edge products from Fujitsu and its partner companies, Fujitsu solutions geared toward current market trends, and examples of system designs for their businesses.
Overview of the Platform Solution Center (Shanghai)
Name: Platform Solution Center (Shanghai)
Start of Operations: April 11, 2006
Location: Citigroup Tower, Pudong, Shanghai
- Thirty servers (PRIMEPOWER UNIX servers A medium to large-scale computer system in a network that runs under Unix. Unix servers are widely used as application servers and database servers and are available from a variety of vendors, including Sun, IBM, HP and others. with Solaris(TM) Operating System operating system (OS)
Software that controls the operation of a computer, directs the input and output of data, keeps track of files, and controls the processing of computer programs. ; PRIMEQUEST mission-critical IA servers with Microsoft(R) Windows Server See Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows Home Server, Windows 2000 and Windows NT. (TM) 2003, Novell(R) SUSE(R) LINUX Enterprise Server9, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux (often abbreviated to RHEL) is a Linux distribution produced by Red Hat and targeted toward the commercial market, including mainframes. Red Hat commits to supporting each version of RHEL for 7 years after its release. AS v4; and
PRIMERGY IA servers with Microsoft(R) Windows Server(TM) 2003 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES)
- Six storage systems (ETERNUS storage systems)
- Middleware Software that functions as a conversion or translation layer. It is also a consolidator and integrator. Custom-programmed middleware solutions have been developed for decades to enable one application to communicate with another that either runs on a different platform or comes from a
- Hardware and application software from Fujitsu's partner companies
- Four verification rooms
- Seminar room
- Briefing room
- Technology showcase area
Intel Corporation (company) Intel Corporation - A US microelectronics manufacturer. They produced the Intel 4004, Intel 8080, Intel 8086, Intel 80186, Intel 80286, Intel 80386, Intel 486 and Pentium microprocessor families as well as many other integrated circuits and personal computer networking
Carol Barrett, Director of Enterprise Platform Marketing, Server Platforms Group
Intel welcomes the opening of the 'Platform Solution Center' in Shanghai. China continues to be the highest growth country in APAC APAC Australian Partnership for Advanced Computing
APAC Agricultural Policy Analysis Center
APAC Asia and Pacific
APAC Asian Pacific American Coalition
APAC Adapted Physical Activity Council (American Alliance for Health) with 16% Y/Y growth in q4'05 according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. IDC, underpinned by strong Intel(R) Xeon(R) Server Shipments. Intel(R) Itanium(R) server revenue as a percentage of IBM Power POWER is a RISC instruction set architecture designed by IBM. The name is a backronym for Performance Optimization With Enhanced RISC. and Sun SPARC (Scalable Performance ARChitecture) A family of RISC CPUs from Sun that runs mostly under Sun's Solaris, but also under Linux and BSD operating systems. After development began in the mid-1980s by David Patterson of the University of California at Berkeley and Bill server revenue also grew to 17% and 43% respectively. We look forward to enterprise customers benefiting from this PSC in order to take advantage of Intel(R) Itanium(R) platforms that are designed to provide greater choice and mainframe-class reliability and Intel(R) Xeon(R) platforms that provide enterprise-proven dependability and excellent performance.
Microsoft Corporation (company) Microsoft Corporation - The biggest supplier of operating systems and other software for IBM PC compatibles. Software products include MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows, Windows NT, Microsoft Access, LAN Manager, MS Client, SQL Server, Open Data Base Connectivity (ODBC), MS Mail,
Bill Laing, General Manager, Windows Server Division
Microsoft congratulates Fujitsu on opening its Platform Solution Center in Shanghai. China is a strategic country for joint sales opportunities of Windows Server products running on the Fujitsu platform. The Platform Solution Center in Shanghai will provide our customers with important services like pre-verification, performance evaluation Performance evaluation
The assessment of a manager's results, which involves, first, determining whether the money manager added value by outperforming the established benchmark (performance measurement) and, second, determining how the money manager achieved the calculated return and technical support and consultation so that customers can confidently run their mission-critical systems on the Windows platform.
Judson Althoff, Vice President, Worldwide Platform and Distribution Alliances
Oracle has been working with Fujitsu for 17 years to deliver solutions to our clients that have a positive impact on their businesses. The solution development, benchmarking and consulting services Noun 1. consulting service - service provided by a professional advisor (e.g., a lawyer or doctor or CPA etc.)
service - work done by one person or group that benefits another; "budget separately for goods and services" available through this new Center in Shanghai will showcase our joint solutions and demonstrate to our customers and prospects, the innovation that our solutions offer to impact our customers' productivity and bottom line.
Red Hat, Inc.
Gus Robertson, Vice President, Channels and Alliances Asia Pacific
Red Hat welcomes the opening of "Platform Solution Center (Shanghai)". Red Hat has worked together with Fujitsu to deliver Linux solutions with high levels of performance, reliability, availability and scalability with the benefits of open source innovation. We are expecting that the PSC(Shanghai) will better serve Chinese customers who consider to choose our Red Hat Enterprise Linux solution running on Fujitsu platforms.
Bernard Kwok, President, Greater China Region
Symantec welcomes the opening of Fujitsu's new Platform Solution Center in Shanghai and its support for the rapidly growing China market. Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the complete protection of their information, infrastructure, and interactions. Through the new Fujitsu PSC (Shanghai), Symantec looks forward to continuing its collaboration with Fujitsu to provide customers with solutions tailored for the China market.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu Limited (TSE See Tokyo Stock Exchange.
1. See Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
2. See Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE). : 6702, ADR ADR - Astra Digital Radio : FJTSY) is a leading provider of customer-focused IT and communications solutions for the global marketplace. Pace-setting device technologies, highly reliable computing and communications products, and a worldwide corps of systems and services experts uniquely position Fujitsu to deliver comprehensive solutions that open up infinite possibilities for its customers' success. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US $44.5 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2005. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
Source: Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu Limited Public and Investor Relations Inquiries: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/
Copyright [c] 2006 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network K.K.