Free SilverStream eXtend JEDDI registry. (Internet Focus - Products).
SilverStream has released a free developer edition of SilverStream extend JEDDI (Java Enterprise Discovery, Description and Integration) to encourage developers to discover the benefits of UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration) An industry initiative for a universal business registry (catalog) of Web services turned over to the stewardship of OASIS in 2002 as the version 3 specification of UDDI was released. for publishing, managing and sharing Web Services (1) Loosely, any online service delivered over the Web. Such usage appears in articles from non-technical sources, but not in IT-oriented publications, because definition #2 below describes the correct use of the term. internally across development projects.
eXtend JEDDI, currently available in beta, is an open implementation In computing, open implementation platforms are systems where the implementation is accessible. Open implementation allows developers of a program to alter pieces of the underlying software to fit their specific needs. of the UDDI vl.0 specification and can be used for public Web Services development and testing as well as private UDDI deployments. It includes administration tools, core data, and optional test data to help developers get started quickly with UDDI.
The solution comes with sample business data for testing (UDDI clients), and features a Web-based administration tool that offers:
* User group administration to determine limits for how many businesses, services, bindings and models (service type definition) can be published per user
* The ability to trace incoming and outgoing messages
* An error log and the ability to track performance eXtend JEDDI is standards-based and can be used flexibly on a variety of platforms. Its server agent executes in J2EE application servers including the SilverStream extend Application Server (3.7.4 and higher) and Apache Tomcat (3.7 and 4.0), and can be precompiled and repackaged using the SilverStream extend Workbench to support BEA WebLogic, IBM (International Business Machines Corporation, Armonk, NY, www.ibm.com) The world's largest computer company. IBM's product lines include the S/390 mainframes (zSeries), AS/400 midrange business systems (iSeries), RS/6000 workstations and servers (pSeries), Intel-based servers (xSeries) WebShpere, Oracle 9iAS and others. In addition, eXtend JEDDI supports a variety of databases including Oracle 8i, IBM DB2 v.7, Microsoft SQL Server A relational DBMS from Microsoft that is a major component of the Windows Server System. It is Microsoft's high-end client/server database and is closely integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio and the Microsoft Office System. 2000, Informix Cloudscape cloud·scape
1. A work of art representing a view of clouds: an Impressionist painting that is a vast cloudscape of buoyant, floating forms.
2. 3.6 and Sybase Adaptive Server v.6