Fort Bragg team tops army culinary arts competition.
Navy Culinary Specialist First Class Michael Edwards was honored as the Armed Forces Chef of the Year. The team from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, took home the post's ninth Installation of the Year award and captured seven categories, including the Nutritional Hot Food Challenge, first place in the Baron H. Galand Culinary Knowledge Bowl, and second place in the field cooking competition. Within the Fort Bragg team, individual awards went to--
* Specialist Javier Muniz, Armed Forces Junior Chef of the Year.
* Sergeant Orlando Serna, best in show, patisserie/confectionery.
* Sergeant Orlando Serna, most artistic exhibit in show.
* Sergeant Orlando Serna, best in class, contemporary pastry.
The Fort Riley, Kansas, team took second place for Installation of the Year and third place in the Culinary Knowledge Bowl. Fort Riley's Chief Warrant Officer (W-4) Travis Smith took home best exhibit in show, cold platter, and the best in class, contemporary cooking.
The Hawaii team received third place for Installation of the Year, took first place in the field cooking competition and second place in the Culinary Knowledge Bowl, and was awarded the best team buffet table. Specialist Christopher Bohn, Specialist Ashley Shei, Specialist Christopher Bates, and Private First Class Fernando Martinez won first place in the Student Team Skills Competition. Individual awards within the Hawaii team went to Sergeant First Class Clinton Francis for best exhibit in show, cold appetizers, and Sergeant Shawn Dubois for best exhibit in show, showpiece.
The Coast Guard team took third place in the field cooking competition.
Other individual winners include--
* Staff Sergeant Jose Hernadez, Puerto Rico, for the best ice carving in show.
* Sergeant Michelle Carville, Fort Myer, Virginia, for the best in class, contemporary cooking.
* Sergeant First Class Amir Ahmad, Independent, Army Senior Enlisted Aide of the Year.
* Sergeant Michelle Carville, Fort Myer, Virginia, Army Junior Enlisted Aide of the Year.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||ALOG NEWS|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Supply support activity construction standard approved.|
|Next Article:||TRANSCOM strategic plan will guide deployment and distribution missions.|