Fish Oil Benefits - Omega 3 Fish Oil for Weight Loss
Fish oil consumption found to promote healthy weight loss.Fish oil is recommended for a healthy diet because it contains the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors to eicosanoids that reduce inflammation throughout the body
Here are some great benefits of fish oil:
Some experts believe that taking fish oil (in any form) can help regulate cholesterol in the body,[attribution needed] because fish oil has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. The regulation occurs through effects of the EPA and DHA constituents on Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR?). Besides cholesterol regulation, benefits include anti-inflammatory properties and positive effects on body composition. However, the preferred source of Omega 3 should be from the fish''s body, not the liver.
Fish oils are fascinating nutrients. Almost every aspect of our health, physical and mental, is related to the types of fatty acids that make up our cells and tissue, including vision. And it appears that most of us are not ingesting the right kind of fatty acids, the ones found in fish and fish oils. I have discovered that fish oils supplements help eyesight. I have also discovered a combination of herbs and nutrients that improve eyesight within hours. See below. Fish oils are also beneficial for mental health and sexuality.
1. Fish oil prevents heart attack - Dr Alexander Leaf and colleagues at Harvard Medical School found that eating oily fish like salmon or tuna at least twice a week could prevent a heart attack.
2. Fish oil protects against heart disease and stroke - Researchers at Southampton University found that omega-3 fish oil stops the build up of fatty deposits in the arteries, protecting against heart disease and stroke.
3. Reduction of Breast, Colon and Prostate Cancer. And finally, omega 3 fish oil has been shown to help prevent three of the most common forms of cancer ? breast, colon and prostate. Science tells us that omega 3s accomplish this in three ways. They stop the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibiting unwanted cellular growth and causing apoptosis, or cellular death, of cancer cells.
4. Fish oil prevents mothers from giving birth to very small babies - The University of Bristol research team found that a mother-to-be who eats fish during the later stages of pregnancy is less likely to have a very small baby.
5. Stopping the buildup of fatty deposits (triglycerides) in the arteries.
6. Fish oil helps with prostate cancer - The Paterson Institute researchers found that a diet rich in a fat found in oily fish and some seeds may protect men with prostate cancer from developing a more aggressive form.
7. Fish oil reduces the growth of breast cancer - Researchers from Indiana University found that when mixing compounds from omega-3 fatty acids with the anaesthetic propofol, together they appeared to reduce the growth of breast cancer cells.
8. Fish oil reduces inflammation - The researchers from Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women''s Hospital found that a diet high in oily fish like salmon and mackerel may help improve inflammatory conditions such as arthritis; the oily fish diet worked best when combined with low aspirin doses.
9. Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack. When plaque builds up on arterial walls and then breaks loose, it causes what''s known as a thrombosis, which is a fancy way of saying clot. If a clot gets stuck in the brain, it causes a stroke and when it plugs an artery, it causes a heart attack. Research shows omega 3 fatty acids break up clots before they can cause any damage.
10. Fish oils may be helpful to people with lupus since fish oils have anti-inflammatory properties.
11. Fish oil betters brain and visual development in children - Bristol University researchers found that a mother-to-be who eats oily fish is more likely to have children with better brain and vision developments.
12. Fish oil has also been used to treat conditions such as depression, eczema, IBD, macular degeneration and arthritis. Fish oil benefits the heart significantly, as well as the rest of the body.
How much fish oil should adults take?
A good dose for adults is roughly ~6 grams of salmon oil per day with food.
Should everyone take fish oil?
Generally yes. In a minority of cases some individuals feel strange on fish oil and do better on other oil types.
Although you can get the benefits of fish oil from eating cold water fish such as salmon or cod, there is always the danger of mercury contamination as well as other toxins. This is why pregnant women and young children are advised against eating fish.
The other issue is that you cannot be sure that the fish you are eating contains enough EPA and/or DHA to ensure the maximum fish oil benefits. It is always possible that the concentration of these important nutrients is reduced during the manufacturing/handling processes.