If you correctly answer the following questions, find my final destination, and draw a map of the country to which it belongs, you could win our Mapman[TM] contest! The grandprize winner will receive a $500 U.S. Savings Bond, a Franklin[R] Electronic Merriam-Webster's[R] Dictionary, and a Mapman T-shirt. Twenty-five runners-up will each win an electronic dictionary and a T-shirt. Good luck!
1. I left Turin in a high-speed train. What is the Italian name for Turin, the host city of the 2006 Winter Olympics?
2. From Venice, I boarded a plane and flew to Sarajevo, a former host city of the Winter Games. Sarajevo is the capital of which country.?
3. I then flew to a Mediterranean city located at 31[degrees]N, 30[degrees]E. What is the city?
4. When I landed in Egypt, I remembered that the Mediterranean Sea is almost completely enclosed by land. Which three continents form the sea's boundaries?
5. Next, I set off on a sailboat to Iraklion, the capital of Crete. Which country controls Crete?
6. Then I sailed across the Ionian Sea, through the Strait of Messina, to Naples. In which general direction did I travel?
7. I flew to a capital city located at 37[degrees]N, 10[degrees]E. What is the name of the city?
8. I arrived at my final destination at 36[degrees]N, 14[degrees]E--one of five stony islands situated in the middle of the Mediterranean. To which country does this tiny island belong?
Fund Mapman[TM] and Win *
* A Merriam-Webster handheld electronic dictionary
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 6, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Pennies and a crust of bread: child labor in America: millions of kids did crushingly hard work in the U.S. in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.|
|Next Article:||Our survey says ...|
|And the winner is. (She found the Mapman!).|
|She found the Mapman! (Mapman Contest).|
|Find Mapman[TM] and win.|
|She found the Mapman![TM].|
|He found the Mapman.|
|She found Mapman.|
|Where am I?|
|She found Mapman!|
|And the winner is ...|