Find Mapman[TM].As JS's Mapman, I create the maps you see in all of our Issues. In the photo above, I'm leaning against the world's oldest freestanding structure. It was the final destination of a trip I took recently. The map shows all the places I visited.
If you correctly answer the following questions, find my final destination, and draw a map of the country to which it belongs, you could win our Mapman[TM] contest! The grandprize winner will receive a $500 U.S. Savings Bond Savings bond
A government bond issued in face value denominations from $50 to $10,000, with local and state tax-free interest and semiannually adjusted interest rates.
A nonmarketable security issued by the U.S. , a Franklin[R] Electronic Merriam-Webster's[R] Dictionary, and a Mapman T-shirt. Twenty-five runners-up will each win an electronic dictionary Noun 1. electronic dictionary - a machine-readable version of a standard dictionary; organized alphabetically
machine readable dictionary, MRD
lexical database - a database of information about words and a T-shirt. Good luck!
1. I left Turin in a high-speed train. What is the Italian name Names in Italian are often directly derived from Latin ones. While in Latin there were nomen, prænomen, and cognomen, in Italian there are nome and cognome, the prænomen having been absorbed by the nome. for Turin, the host city of the 2006 Winter Olympics?
2. From Venice, I boarded a plane and flew to Sarajevo, a former host city of the Winter Games
3. I then flew to a Mediterranean city located at 31[degrees]N, 30[degrees]E. What is the city?
4. When I landed in Egypt, I remembered that the Mediterranean Sea Mediterranean Sea [Lat.,=in the midst of lands], the world's largest inland sea, c.965,000 sq mi (2,499,350 sq km), surrounded by Europe, Asia, and Africa. Geography
The Mediterranean is c.2,400 mi (3,900 km) long with a maximum width of c. is almost completely enclosed by land. Which three continents form the sea's boundaries?
5. Next, I set off on a sailboat to Iraklion, the capital of Crete. Which country controls Crete?
6. Then I sailed across the Ionian Sea, through the Strait of Messina Noun 1. Strait of Messina - the strait separating Sicily from the tip of Italy , to Naples. In which general direction did I travel?
7. I flew to a capital city located at 37[degrees]N, 10[degrees]E. What is the name of the city?
8. I arrived at my final destination at 36[degrees]N, 14[degrees]E--one of five stony islands situated in the middle of the Mediterranean. To which country does this tiny island belong?
Fund Mapman[TM] and Win *
* A Merriam-Webster handheld electronic dictionary