Finance: Real Estate.Meridian Meridian (mərĭd`ēən), city (1990 pop. 41,036), seat of Lauderdale co., E Miss., near the Ala. line; settled 1831, inc. 1860. Capital Group announced the following transactions.
* Meridian Capital Group negotiated a new mortgage of $60 million was placed by on a 381 unit, 33 story elevator apartment building on York Avenue York Avenue is a short north-south thoroughfare on the East Side of the borough of Manhattan in New York City. It runs from 59th Street north to 91st Street on the Upper East Side. It is known for its upscale apartments, much like the rest of the Upper East Side. in Manhattan. The loan featured a rate of 6% and a 7 year term. The transaction was arranged by Moshe Majeski and Carol Shelby.
* A new mortgage of $2.55 million was placed by Meridian on a 40 unit, 5 story multifamily building on West 46 Street in New York City New York City: see New York, city.
New York City
City (pop., 2000: 8,008,278), southeastern New York, at the mouth of the Hudson River. The largest city in the U.S. . The loan featured a rate of 6.75% and a 10 year term. The transaction was negotiated by Morris Diamant
* A new mortgage of $1.88 million was arranged by Meridian on a 63 unit, 6 story multi-family building on Empire Blvd. in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, NY. The-loan featured a rate of 6.08% and a 10 year term. The existing lender also waived half of the prepayment penalty Prepayment penalty
A fee a borrower pays a lender when the borrower repays a loan before its scheduled time of maturity. from the current mortgage in consideration for this new loan. Allan Lieberman negotiated the transaction.
* Meridian placed a new mortgage of $1.74 million on a 35 unit, 4 story multifamily building on 41st Street in Astoria, NY. The loan featured a rate of 6.78% and a 10 year term. Elliott Y. Birnbaum negotiated the transaction.
* Meridian negotiated 3 new mortgages totaling $1.725 million on 1 mixed-use and-2 multifamily buildings in Manhattan and Brooklyn. The loans featured 15 year terms. These transactions were arranged by Arthur Preisler.
* A new mortgage of $1.54 million was placed by Meridian on a 57 unit, 6 story multifamily building on Kings Highway in Brooklyn, NY. The loan featured a 10 year term. The transaction was negotiated by Carol Shelby.
* A new mortgage was placed by Meridian for $1.15 million on a 6,000 SF 4 tenant Retail Building on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn, NY. The property will benefit from a non-recourse par loan at a rate of 6.75% and a 10 year term. Allan Lieberman handled this transaction.
* A new mortgage of $1 million was placed by Meridian on a 24 unit, 6 story walkup walk·up also walk-up
1. An apartment house or office building with no elevator.
2. An apartment or office in a building with no elevator. apartment building on West Houston Street in New York City. The loan featured a rate of 6.5% and a 10 year term. The transaction was negotiated by Elliott Y. Birnbaum.
Spencer Savings Bank savings bank, financial institution that, until recently, performed only the following functions: receiving savings deposits of individuals, investing them, and providing a modest return to its depositors in the form of interest. arranged a $5.8 million unanchored loan for a retail property on Eisenhower Parkway Eisenhower Parkway is a highway in Essex County, New Jersey, located in the municipalities of Roseland and Livingston. Eisenhower Parkway dead ends at South Orange Avenue in Livingston and also dead ends just north of Interstate 280 in Roseland. in Roseland, N.J. The loan featured a 10-year term.
David Cronheim Mortgage Corporation arranged a $9.2 million permanent loan for a newly developed, single-story retail building on Hooper hoop·er
A maker or repairer of barrels and tubs; a cooper. Ave. in Dover, N.J. The loan featured a 20-year term. Andrew Stewart The following people have been named Andrew Stewart:
City & Suburban Federal Savings Bank Noun 1. federal savings bank - a federally chartered savings bank
savings bank - a thrift institution in the northeastern United States; since deregulation in the 1980s they offer services competitive with many commercial banks announced the following transactions:
* A $4.6 million loan for two three-story commercial building on Greenwich Ave. in Greenwich, Conn.;
* A $4 million loan for 10-story, 36,650 SF office building on University Place in New York City;
* A $2.2 million loan for two retail buildings in Brooklyn, N.Y.:
* A $680,000 loan for a four-story apartment building on First Ave. in New York City;
* A $600,000 loan for a five-story loft building on Duane St. in New York City;
* A $525,000 loan for a six-story apartment building on E. 11th St. in New York City.
Joe Laquidara, senior vice president, Diana Elton, vice president, and Charlie Persico, vice president, arranged the financing for these transactions.
M. Robert Goldman & Company of New Jersey, Inc. arranged a $6.75 million permanent loan for a 48,149 SF office building in Eatontown, N.J. The loan featured a 10-year term.
Carlton Advisory Services advisory services
advisory services provided to the public, in their capacity as owners and managers of animals, are an important part of veterinary science. They may be provided by government bureaux, by commercial companies who deal in pharmaceuticals or animals or animal , Inc. announced the following transactions:
* A $34.5 million first mortgage for a 540,000 SF office building on Northern Boulevard in Long Island City, N.Y. The loan featured a 15-year term;
* A $21 million acquisition and development loan for a 274,000 SF office/industrial building on 34th St. in New York City.
Fleet Real Estate Finance Group arranged a $25 million construction loan for a mixed-income condo building on 116th St. in New York City.