FairWarning(R) Announces Optimized Appliance-Based Solution.Solution Leverages Sun Microsystems Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAVA) is an American vendor of computers, computer components, computer software, and information-technology services, founded on 24 February 1982. Hardware and MySQL Database to Deliver Privacy Surveillance for World's Most Sophisticated Healthcare Organizations
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- FairWarning, Inc., the world's leading supplier of cross-platform healthcare privacy surveillance solutions, today announced a new solution aimed at serving the needs of the world's most sophisticated healthcare organizations that leverages Sun Microsystems technology. FairWarning[R] announced the delivery of an optimized version of its market leading privacy surveillance software as an appliance-based solution using Sun Fire(TM) X4150 and Sun Fire X4450 systems with Sun's MySQL(TM) database as the underlying database.
"FairWarning customers will continue to enjoy the value, performance and reliability of our privacy surveillance software delivered as an appliance on an open source stack," said Kurt Long Kurt Long (born on July 2, 1973 in Fall River, Massachusetts) is an American television actor/comedian who began pursuing acting while in high school. He attended Emerson College were he earned a degree in communications. , Chief Executive Officer of FairWarning. "Through the use of Sun hardware, we deliver an end-to-end privacy surveillance solution that is capable of scaling to meet the needs of the world's largest healthcare organizations."
Large health systems have specific privacy surveillance needs for their hospitals, clinics, physician offices and other facilities. FairWarning[R] now delivers solutions which scale up and scale out:
* Centralized cen·tral·ize
v. cen·tral·ized, cen·tral·iz·ing, cen·tral·iz·es
1. To draw into or toward a center; consolidate.
2. Health Systems: For health systems which have consolidated information technology and privacy operations, a centralized FairWarning[R] solution leveraging fewer, larger enterprise appliances is generally best. These organizations are able to audit massive volumes of transactions and filter the results to proactively pinpoint potential privacy issues.
* Decentralized de·cen·tral·ize
v. de·cen·tral·ized, de·cen·tral·iz·ing, de·cen·tral·iz·es
1. To distribute the administrative functions or powers of (a central authority) among several local authorities. Health Systems: For health systems which have decentralized information technology and privacy operations, FairWarning[R] delivers a solution which leverages several standard appliances. This also enables auditing of millions of transactions which are filtered down for review by the privacy offices.
"The combined strength of Sun's and FairWarning's technology creates a solution uniquely qualified to address the privacy challenges posed by the electronic utilization, storage and the exchange of personal health information," said Joerg Schwarz, Director of Healthcare, Government and Life Sciences at Sun Microsystems. "The potential of healthcare digitization dig·i·tize
tr.v. dig·i·tized, dig·i·tiz·ing, dig·i·tiz·es
To put (data, for example) into digital form.
dig will be realized only if privacy is addressed," Schwarz said.
FairWarning[R] customers represent nearly 100 hospitals and 600 clinics, the company offers out of the box privacy surveillance solutions specifically optimized for the healthcare industry and include support for every major healthcare application family, including: Allscripts, ATNA, Cerner Millennium, ChartMaxx, Eclipsys, Epic Systems Epic Systems Corporation is a privately held healthcare IT company founded in 1979 by Judy Faulkner. Originally headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Epic began moving staff to its new facilities in nearby Verona, Wisconsin in 2005. , GE Centricity, Keane, Kronos, Misys, McKesson Care Manager, McKesson Horizon Expert Documentation, McKesson Meds Manager, McKesson Horizon Patient Folder, McKesson Horizon Surgical Manager, McKesson STAR, McKesson STAR Audit, McKesson Pathways, MEDITECH MAGIC, MEDITECH Client/Server, MercuryMD, Misys, Siemens Invision, SunQuest, T-Systems and Wellsoft. FairWarning[R] also supports Windows servers See Windows Server 2003, Windows Home Server, Windows 2000 and Windows NT. , Unix servers A medium to large-scale computer system in a network that runs under Unix. Unix servers are widely used as application servers and database servers and are available from a variety of vendors, including Sun, IBM, HP and others. , VPNs, and Single Sign On systems.
Sun technologies enable clinical and business transformation by liberating lib·er·ate
tr.v. lib·er·at·ed, lib·er·at·ing, lib·er·ates
1. To set free, as from oppression, confinement, or foreign control.
2. Chemistry To release (a gas, for example) from combination. trapped data in the health system. Sun has the software, storage, systems and service solutions that can help the healthcare industry deliver secure health information exchange, cost-efficient data management, secure and auditable compliance, and virtualized caregiver mobility solutions that reduce costs and medical errors, as well as improve efficiency and patient care.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning[R] is the world's leading supplier of cross-platform healthcare privacy surveillance solutions for Electronic Health Records. FairWarning[R] is industry's leading best practice solution for automating HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191) Also known as the "Kennedy-Kassebaum Act," this U.S. law protects employees' health insurance coverage when they change or lose their jobs (Title I) and provides standards for patient health, privacy auditing. The company is located in St. Petersburg, FL, to learn more, visit www.FairWarningAudit.com or call U.S. 727 576 6700.
Sun, Sun Microsystems, the Sun logo, Sun Fire and MySQL are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. and other countries.