FRS Launches Fund-raising Drive.NTCA's Foundation for Rural Service (FRS FRS
Fellow of the Royal Society
n “flexed rotated side-bent,” an osteopathic abbreviation used to describe vertebral position in cases of spinal dysfunction. ) has launched its most aggressive fund-raising campaign Noun 1. fund-raising campaign - a campaign to raise money for some cause
fund-raising drive, fund-raising effort
crusade, campaign, cause, drive, effort, movement - a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported in its history hoping to raise $1 million by the 2002 Annual Meeting.
At the NTCA NTCA National Telecommunications Cooperative Association
NTCA National Telephone Cooperative Association
NTCA National Tile Contractors Association
NTCA National Token Collectors Association
NTCA Northern Territory Cattlemen's Association Annual Meeting in Orlando, newly appointed FRS President Dan Wilhelmson of Consolidated Telephone Cooperative (Dickinson, N.D.), challenged NTCA members to donate $1 per access line to FRS. If each member donates $1 per access line over the next three years, FRS will be able to establish a $3 million endowment A transfer, generally as a gift, of money or property to an institution for a particular purpose. The bestowal of money as a permanent fund, the income of which is to be used for the benefit of a charity, college, or other institution. . In a letter issued in late February NTCA's President Earl Owens Earl Owens 1967-1971 is an athlete from University of North Carolina Cross-Country and Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field Coached by Joe Hilton, Head Coach, and Boyd Newnam, Running Coach. endorsed Wilhelmson's challenge and issued one of his own to NTCA members.
Although NTCA supports the foundation, FRS relies exclusively on donations, grants and funds raised through special events to operate. In order for FRS to continue to develop and offer programs that benefit NTCA companies and the communities they serve, FRS needs the financial support of all NTCA members.
These are exciting times for the foundation. Unrestricted contributions allow FRS to continue to develop programs and initiatives such as:
* The community-based telecom providers campaign, "Local Touch... Global Reach," designed to promote the importance of NTCA members to their local communities and economies;
* Research on community and economic development in rural areas;
* "Foundations of Computing computing - computer " educational series designed for telco directors;
* Advocacy and outreach Outreach is an effort by an organization or group to connect its ideas or practices to the efforts of other organizations, groups, specific audiences or the general public. materials to educate customers and the community;
* College Scholarship Program for rural youth; and
* Annual Youth Tour of the nation's capital for 100 high school juniors from across rural America.
Established by NTCA in 1994, FRS is committed to educating and informing the public about the rural telecom industry, as well as working to improve the quality of life throughout rural America.
For additional information about the foundation, visit its Web site at www.frs.org, or contact FRS Director Lisa Lopinsky at 703-351-2013. Members also may contact their regional representative on the FRS Board of Directors. For a complete listing of the board of directors, visit the Web site.