FONAR Unveils Most Advanced MRI Scanner in the Industry.
MELVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 10, 1997--FONAR Corporation (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on :FONR FONR Friends of Newport Rugby (UK)
FONR Forest of No Return (The Fourth Coming gaming)
FONR Fort Ord Natural Reserve (Santa Cruz, CA) ), holder of the world's first MRI 1. (application) MRI - Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
2. MRI - Measurement Requirements and Interface. patent and an array of other MRI patents is pleased to announce the first installation of a QUAD (tm) 12000, the world's first high-field, open MRI scanner at South Shore MRI in Amityville, New York Amityville is a village in Suffolk County, New York, in the United States.
The area was first used by Huntington settlers in 1653 as a source of salt hay, and was incorporated as a village on March 3rd, 1894. 
The population was 9,441 at the 2000 census. .
In the past there has been a trade-off in the MRI industry. Either one could have a patient-friendly, roomy, open scanner with a less powerful magnet and therefore lower quality images, or one could have a claustrophobic claus·tro·pho·bic
a. Relating to or suffering from claustrophobia.
b. Uncomfortably closed or hemmed in.
2. , archaic, tunnel-type scanner with a strong magnet and better quality images. FONAR has solved this technological puzzle with the introduction of the QUAD 12000 high-field, open scanner. The best of both MRI worlds is now a technological reality.
At .6 Tesla, the field strength of the QUAD 12000 is at least twice that of any other open system on the market today. In fact, some of the big names in the industry have yet to bring any type of open scanner to the market, and some of the open scanners that have been recently introduced are as little as one-third the field strength of FONAR's new scanner.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. company officials, now that the first QUAD 12000 is fully installed, sales of this revolutionary scanner are expected to be brisk. In fact, the company is reporting that U.S. buyers are more interested in the QUAD 12000 than in any of their other products. FONAR's new distributor network, which brings about 200 salespeople to FONAR, is excited to have the only high-field, open MRI scanner on the market. Buyers are excited that this major MRI technological advance is now a reality.
Attractively priced, FONAR has the least expensive and its innovative design, manufacturing costs are lower and maintenance costs for open scanners are many thousands of dollars less than tunnel-type scanners. The QUAD 12000, with its superior image quality and unusually open environment, will also help support other important MRI advances, such as MRI-guided surgery. -0-
This release may contain forward-looking statements forward-looking statement
A projected financial statement based on management expectations. A forward-looking statement involves risks with regard to the accuracy of assumptions underlying the projections. from the company that may or may not materialize. Additional information on factors that could potentially affect the company's financial results may be found in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. -0-
CONTACT: Lisa Salinas Salinas, city, United States
Salinas (səlē`nəs), city (1990 pop. 108,777), seat of Monterey co., W Calif.; inc. 1874. It is the shipping and processing center of a fertile valley famous for its grain and lettuce. , The Catalyst Group
TELEPHONE: (813) 441-8809
FAX: (813) 443-7127