FIRSTHAND TECHNOLOGIES LISTS 2007 ACCOMPLISHMENTS.FirstHand Technologies, Ottawa, an innovator in transforming smart phones and PDAs into full-featured business telephones, has announced continued momentum and key achievements for 2007.
Recent successes include the following:
* Products Go GA: Based on successful beta-site implementations, leading OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) The rebranding of equipment and selling it. The term initially referred to the company that made the products (the "original" manufacturer), but eventually became widely used to refer to the organization that buys the products and partners of FirstHand Technologies announced general availability (GA) of the FirstHand mobile unified communications The real time redirection of a voice, text or e-mail message to the device closest to the intended recipient at any given time. For example, voice calls to desk phones could be routed to the user's cellphone when required. (UC) products.
* New Partnerships, Open Source Support: FirstHand Technologies partnered with NEC (NEC Corporation, Tokyo, www.nec.com, www.necus.com) An electronics conglomerate known in the U.S. for its monitors. In Japan, it had the lion's share of the PC market until the late 1990s (see PC 98).
NEC was founded in Tokyo in 1899 as Nippon Electric Company, Ltd. , Sylantro, and Bluesocket-Pingtel. The company also introduced support for open source PBXs, such as Digium (Asterisk) and sipX.
* Solution for VARs: FirstHand Technologies introduced the Enterprise Mobility Solution UC, which is designed to work with solutions from IP PBX (Internet Protocol Private Branch eXchange) A telephone switch that supports voice over IP (VoIP). IP PBXs convert IP phone calls into traditional circuit-switched TDM connections for the PSTN. manufacturers and VARs supporting standard SIP interfaces.
* Expanded Support for Mobile Devices and Operating Systems Operating systems can be categorized by technology, ownership, licensing, working state, usage, and by many other characteristics. In practice, many of these groupings may overlap. : FirstHand added Nokia E65, BlackBerryR Pearl, BlackBerryR 8800, BlackBerryR Curve mobile devices and devices running Windows MobileR 6 to supported device list. This expansive list provides the company with a competitive lead in supporting single mode and dual-mode mobile devices.
* Awards: Based upon its performance the prior year, FirstHand received the 2006 Product of the Year Award from Communications Solutions and INTERNET TELEPHONY Another term for IP telephony and VoIP. In the late 1990s, some people made a distinction between Internet Telephony and VoIP: Internet telephony referred to voice over the public Internet, while VoIP referred to voice over private IP networks. Magazine's 2006 Product of the Year Award in 2007.
"2007 was an exceedingly eventful, productive and exciting year for FirstHand Technologies," said David Hattey, president and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of FirstHand Technologies. "Products became GA for tier one PBX (Private Branch eXchange) An inhouse telephone switching system that interconnects telephone extensions to each other as well as to the outside telephone network (PSTN). vendors, new partners were signed, a new enterprise mobility solution was announced for VARs, more devices and operating systems were supported and several awards acknowledged our leadership in mobile UC."
Hattey added, "I fully expect 2008 to continue on the same trajectory with mobile UC becoming a reality for our customers all over the world. Enterprise CIOs will gain strategic benefits from mobile UC, because it helps them leverage their existing PBX investment, enjoy secure communications over cellular and WiFi, retain all mobile call activity and voice mails internally on their enterprise PBXs and gain greater visibility into cellular costs. Mobile UC will give CIOs the ability to make more informed decisions regarding their mobility policies and budget."
Also in 2007, FirstHand Technologies participated in many industry-level tradeshow panels, and continued to receive positive reviews in key reports and articles such as "Have Phone, Will Travel"
FirstHand Technologies mobilizes the enterprise by extending the functionality of numerous IP PBXs to a variety of smart phones and dual-mode devices. FirstHand Technologies empowers an enterprise's workforce to go mobile with the same functionality as their office desktop. The FirstHand Technologies advanced fixed-mobile convergence (FMC See fixed mobile convergence. ) solution delivers enterprise features and "single number" seamless connectivity over cellular networks and/or WiFi enabling organizations to achieve "enterprise communications everywhere." The enterprise benefits from faster communication abilities, increased productivity and significant cost savings.
For more information, visit http://www.firsthandtech.com or call 978/725-3637.